• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New guy from PA

What model Harley did you ride? What made you switch to BMW? I'm thinking of doing the same.

I used to ride an Electra Glide. It was time to get a new bike and was ready to purchase another HD. I was buying my son a new Honda dirt bike and the Honda dealer also sells BMW. The style of the R1200GSA caught my eye. I threw a leg over and like the upright seating. The GSA offers a larger tank and pretty good wind protection too. Took a couple days to think about it and pulled the trigger on the BMW. My theory was I would give the BMW a try for 6-12 months and if I didn't like it, I would trade it off on a new HD.

I have had the bike for less than three weeks and have a 1000 miles on it. I enjoy the ride and look. But the one thing that has me confused is all the Starbucks being loaded into the Navigator VI. :)

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the welcome. I haven't ventured too much on dirt on the GS. I normally ride the KTM on those types of roads. How about you?

Welcome!

I’m in York, PA (about 40 min. South of you), and ride a 2015 R1200GSA, and getting ready to sell a 2012 K1600.

What kind of riding do you and your GS prefer?

Rick

Back