• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Wind deflectors?

PoorUB

Anyone know of any small add on adjustable wind deflectors that I could add the sides of the windshield, or the little "winglets" on either side of the windshield on my 2018 RT? Coming off from a Harley and there were adjustable wind deflectors that i could adjust and get more wind back on myself on those hotter days.

AeroFlow AeroWings

Anyone know of any small add on adjustable wind deflectors that I could add the sides of the windshield, or the little "winglets" on either side of the windshield on my 2018 RT? Coming off from a Harley and there were adjustable wind deflectors that i could adjust and get more wind back on myself on those hotter days.

Not sure if this is exactly what you’re looking for, however I have them on my 2016 R1200RT and I love them. They keep the air off of you and are not really adjustable. These more keep air off of your gloved hands, and don’t attach to the windshield. So, perhaps not what you’re really looking for. I have the AeroFlow Windscreen on my RT, and I just adjust the windscreen height to modulate how much air flow I need on hotter days.

Good luck with your search.

http://aeroflowscreens.com/R1200RTW/R1200RTW Accessories.htm

I know its not what you're asking about, but I have gotten more air by changing my stock windscreen out for the 2018 sport windscreen. Its a bit louder, but you get more air and IMO it looks better.

I use the sport screen most of the time, but if I have a trip with a lot of highway miles, I'll change over to the standard screen.

Sport Screen:
SportScreen.jpg

Stock Screen:
StockScreen.jpg

I had a sport screen, too much air all the time.

All I want is something to "scoop" a bit of air when I want it, and turn it off when I don't.

Back in the day :gerg I had a very nice Vetter fairing on a CB750K. It had some nice plastic vents that would open, close and able to be directed in the wind screen. I did some looking and there is still product available that is similar-

F325A_03.jpg

Perhaps the addition of a pair would suit your needs?

https://snapventplastics.com/snapvent-ventilators/f325a/

OM

There are some install tips-
If you are working with a plastic windshield, here is a tip that I learned from Craig Vetter. Slowly and very carefully cut a 3-1/16" diameter hole in the shield. Then find a drinking glass with a little taper, the right diameter. Wrap it with sand paper and enlarge the hole by twirling the glass, sanding away until the new vent fits properly. This, by the way, is a very good method to finish enlarging the hole as it makes it perfectly round.

I know what you're saying. It would be nice to be able to move the side clear plastic deflectors.
Have you looked at bakerbuilt air wings deflectors? http://bakerbuiltairwings.com IMO ugly but efficient.
They're popular with the goldwing crowd.

Back