• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Original tires on 2014 RT

Were Metzlers ever used from the factory? Mine has Michelins but from PO.

My 2016 (built in Nov 2015) came with Metzeler Z8 Interact tires on it. I didn't like them, btw. After a trip with the bike heavily loaded going to SLC for the 2017 Rally, they were shot... very cupped/scalloped up front and very squared off in the rear after just 4500 miles total.

I changed to Metzeler RoadTec 01 (HWM) which were good for 5500mi before getting very cupped (front) and squared off (rear), and as of yesterday I'm trying Continental Road Attack 3 GT based on recommendations I've gotten from this and the BMWLT forums. I'm trying to find tires that grip and don't cup/scallop up front, but that I can still ride through the canyons at a decent speed.

Last edited:
Mine came with Metzeler Z8. They didn't last long but I did like the way they handled and felt.
I've been running PR4GTs for the last 45K km. They last much longer but don't feel as good. YMMV

MY 16RT came with Z8, loved it, handling pouring rain last April in San Diego, good handling at 70 MPH, I was hard on SAP so the tire did not last 6K miles, second set with RS3 and again hard riding with SAP it would last pass 8K miles but at 6K5 and a 2K miles trip ahead I replaced with another set. So far, 4K miles with RS3 and it still look brand new, superb handling in hot weather but you have to becareful when it damp, a little side slips here and there, keep that tire pressure up and no cupping issues here, 37 F and 44 R. I might try conti on next set. Ride safe.
Tony

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Back