• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Pairing multiple helmets to my R1200Rt 2015

ajandraca

Up here in Milwaukee I have found a benefit of owing more than one helmet given the season and weather we experience. In order to use multiple helmets with my bike's audio system, I have to re-pair each helmet as the system appears to only allow for one primary helmet. I have tried pairing both helmets ( driver and passenger) but the system will only recognize the driver paired helmet (#1 on settings).

Has anyone found a way to have multiple helmets, driver only, paired to the bluetooth audio system?

I've got multiple helmets too but I simply move my bluetooth com unit (a Cardo G9x in this case) between the helmets. It requires you to purchase another helmet mount kit (speakers & microphone) but then you can easily move the actual com unit between any number of helmets for the cost of mount end (~$50 from what I remember). I think the only way to pair two units requires use of the BMW branded com.

I've got multiple helmets too but I simply move my bluetooth com unit (a Cardo G9x in this case) between the helmets. It requires you to purchase another helmet mount kit (speakers & microphone) but then you can easily move the actual com unit between any number of helmets for the cost of mount end (~$50 from what I remember). I think the only way to pair two units requires use of the BMW branded com.

I have two helmets, both with their own COMM system... moving the same one between helmets is not practical.

I want to do the same thing as the OP, but I have a 2016 RT. The BMW Navigator V works fine with both helmets, but the bike itself can't seem to support this...

Back