• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Breaks up above 1/3 throttle, No fault codes

On Hermy's BMW website it says part no longer available. But it shows on the Max BMW site. Will have to wait till Tuesday to find out who has it or not. Damn, I really need to be in Southern Michigan Saturday morning for a friends memorial. With shipping time, if anyone has it, going to be cutting it close. I did send beemer boneyard an email to see if they had any old harnesses lying around. They have always done me right. We'll see. Oh yea, and Florence did my GPS in too. Waterproof my ass. Been a fun week. Can't wait to see what this week has in store for me. As long as I'm sucking air it's all good.

Yes, thanks to all for the help. I looked at that plug in the beginning of this but I only looked at the end and the little terminals in there where clean and shiny. The problem was just below the rubber seal. It was cracked and the water got in there and corroded the ends of the terminal where the wires attach. It's almost always something simple.

Well it all worked out. Found a BMW dealer open on Monday, Montgomeryville Cycle, and they overnighted a plug in for me. Picked it up Tuesday, had it installed and on the road Wednesday. Bike ran like it should. In retrospect I believe this was a self inflicted wound. I probably damaged that plug while doing a valve adjustment. Left the coil hanging by the wires and possibly put stress on the plug. :banghead

Back