• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

No TFT Phone Audio 2018 R1200GS with Sena 10S

bimmerbiker

Apologies if this has been discussed in the past, I honestly searched and could not find any relevant posts. So if you have a thread please drop it in here.

Issue:

I have a new Sena 10S that I have connected to the TFT of my GS. I am receiving regular BT audio with no problems. However I cannot get any Audio from phone calls. The phone call will show up in the TFT, I can answer it and the call will connect and will show as connected with the correct caller ID in the TFT, however there is no audio or microphone input. I cannot hear the caller and they cannot hear me. I have paired and unpaired multiple times to no avail.

Note: The 10S Intercom functions perfectly with another 10S.

~rick

TFT is the new display and comms system in the new 2018 R1200GS

Thanks for the info, I seriously had no idea what it was! I had to search on line for while to find that it means "Thin-Film-Transistor".

For the RT with standard dash and Nav V GPS, you have to pair the Sena to the bike and the Nav separately, and have the phone go to through the Nav V.

Good luck getting everything paired up properly! I'm sure there's some trick to it. From checking out some youtube videos, the display looks pretty cool.

In this video, the guy starts talking about pairing with a phone for GPS use at around 7 minutes (including that he's having issues)... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJgd-4iB6e0

The TFT is exceptional. Great selling point for BMW. It was what made me decide to get a 2018 instead of a 2017 which was less expensive. Does cool stuff: When I have my phone, helmet and my GF helmet all paired to the TFT, the music I play also plays in her helmet. Now if I could just get the phone to work.......

In the Nav V you can control the volume level for Navigation, Phone and Media. I'm sure this system has same could the volume for the phone be to low to hear or muted?

Jay

I am running a 20S Evo and also having similar issue. By trial and error, I was only able to hear the call if I turn off the onboard radio system (streaming to my helmet).

But then mine if a RT, so the setup is different from yours.

BMW ought to let Apple or Google to help them out with this. I’m pretty tech savvy and yet the bike BT network stumps me.

***Update - So I updated my older 10B unit and connected it to the TFT and phone calls work. So something going on with the 10S. It is updated to the latest 5.12 Firmware. I opened a support ticket with Sena. So we will have to see what they say.

Back