• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Need a Rally in DAB

While I don't disagree with you, countless untold voices wills say it's too warm there in the rally season months. These are the same voices that will have forgotten the other 'Really Damn Hot' (c) rallies we've had. I say why not! Or Texas, or New Mexico, or Arizona. Mind you, I'm one who believes that the ride to the rally is the event, not the event itself - that's just a reason to be in XX (insert two letter state/province code here)...

Too Warm?.....stop inventing cooling vests, vented jackets, rooms with AC, show the world one motorcycle rally at ground zero of motorcycle meets a different rally, the BMW crowd, it can work.

I really think a Rally is needed in Daytona Beach Florida.......

+1 ! :thumb

I'll travel to Palm Beach County again this August on a bike. No big deal with the heat. Dress for it, hydrate and use common sense.

Love the Sunshine State!!!!!!!

Rally in DAB

Jon, Suddenly sounds like you have WWAAAAYYY too much time on your hands. :wave

Friedle

Mike I've posted this before and usual get a thumbs down in the first sentence of the first post, this is the most thumbs up ever. Just think how history making the rally would be, especially the contrast to what they are use to. The city knows how to handle mass gatherings, the venue has everything needed for lodging vendors and fun

DAB Rally

I thought the same thing about the Charleston, WV MOA National Rally in 2003. Try something new, have all the activities in one central location, all vendors and seminars in one air conditioned building, lots of good riding, yada, yada, yada. Still think it was a good idea.

The severe bite marks on my ass are finally disappearing with only slight scaring. :dunno :)

Friedle

The severe bite marks on my ass are finally disappearing with only slight scaring. :dunno :)

Friedle

You took the chance, you paid the price. I know of what you speak.

Interestingly, the original vision of the MOA foundation was to have a piece of property located in Daytona Beach with a track, a campground and museum and have an annual event there. I think this was an outstanding idea and a much better use of money raised through any foundation.

Ian

Come on down. Just dress for the occasion like we do when we travel north. Let the area experience a completely different two wheeled culture then they are accustomed to that would surely generate tons of free press for the marque. Of course I am a tad bit prejudiced.

My FIL lives there and we visit every year. The entire culture appears to be based on shopping, straight roads, NASCAR wannabes in their Honda Civics with fart can exhausts...and pirates.

We generally last two days before we're bored out of our minds.

Pete

My FIL lives there and we visit every year. The entire culture appears to be based on shopping, straight roads, NASCAR wannabes in their Honda Civics with fart can exhausts...and pirates.

We generally last two days before we're bored out of our minds.

Pete
Ride out west of town, or north:nod

I thought the same thing about the Charleston, WV MOA National Rally in 2003. Try something new, have all the activities in one central location, all vendors and seminars in one air conditioned building, lots of good riding, yada, yada, yada. Still think it was a good idea.

Friedle

It was an excellent venue and a good rally. There were some warts. Some folks in the habit of drinking in the beer garden and stumbling to their tents didn't like it. The camping by the river was substandard. We camped on campus and it was fine, even though different. The bus drivers for the promised shuttle system essentially walked off the job after so-many hours, leaving no buses in the evening when we needed them the most. The big problem was that some old fart traditionalists screamed loudly at the Board which believed the histrionics and ducked and ran. There was never any real effort to dissect the few problems and learn how to do better. They just chucked the whole idea. Until they invented "Getaways" as money makers for the organization. I can think of several rallies over the years that had more problems than this one.

Ok, So the MOA Magazine says Rally in June.....So How about Daytona Beach FL? What a statement of history to show the difference of 50K motorcycles in one place can make. The City can handle all aspects of the MOA needs from camping to Hotels.....So?

I would definitely go. I do care about the heat & humidity but would prepare my body and gear to deal with it as much as possible. Having attended NASCAR there in July, I would really enjoy being able to pop over to NASA again - love the place.

Back