• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2012 R1200R, Engine Stutters, Please HELP!!

warder002

Hi All,

I'm new here so I hope I'm doing this post correctly.

I have a 2012 R1200R with 7,000 miles. While in 2nd gear the engine stutters, pauses, kicks, not sure what to call it. It happens quickly and then continues as normal. It seems to happen when I am accelerating. This couldn't possibly be a transmission failure could it? Surely not with only 7,000 miles. Has anyone else had this issue, or know of a fix? I ran my GS-911 on the diagnostics and everything came out clear. Sorry I don't have much else to go on for those looking to help.

Thanks in advance!

-Matt

Hi All,

I'm new here so I hope I'm doing this post correctly.

I have a 2012 R1200R with 7,000 miles. While in 2nd gear the engine stutters, pauses, kicks, not sure what to call it. It happens quickly and then continues as normal. It seems to happen when I am accelerating. This couldn't possibly be a transmission failure could it? Surely not with only 7,000 miles. Has anyone else had this issue, or know of a fix? I ran my GS-911 on the diagnostics and everything came out clear. Sorry I don't have much else to go on for those looking to help.

Thanks in advance!

-Matt
You ain't riding enough. Run gas near out. Get fresh fuel.. run 2 tanks of Techtron injector cleaner (black bottle) .... change plugs.. that thing will run like a scalded ape! With only 7 k miles that thing has set around and gas gets old and messes stuff up...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RPM Specific?

Is it 2nd gear only or does it happen at the same RPM irregardless of gear selection? If it RPM specific it could be your Throttle Position Sensor. I had one fail on a 2011R and it would stutter, buck, barely run, etc between 3800 - 4200 RPM no matter the gear.

Back