• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

medcccspringer

- SturgisMark
I've been riding Harley's most of my adult life, but last summer rented an r1200gs for a day and that's all it took. I went home and traded the Harley in for a brand new one. Planning a trip out west with some friends and planning to trailer to somewhere near North Platte, NE. then unloading bikes and doing a big loop through Colorado and up to Montana. Trying to find a local in NE to find a place to park my truck/trailer for a week. Any advice would be great. - Mark

One might say that trailering your bike to Nebraska is an indication you have not completely forsaken your Harley roots. :)

I’m in Montana. If you find yourself in our part of the state (Helena area) then give a shout.

One might say that trailering your bike to Nebraska is an indication you have not completely forsaken your Harley roots. :)

I’m in Montana. If you find yourself in our part of the state (Helena area) then give a shout.

Too funny. Quite the contrary. We ride too much for Harley's. Our issue with this trip is we have 8 days to do 10 days worth of riding so we are trying to make up the 2 days by trailering through the boring part of the trip to make up time. We normally go to Sturgis every year, but this year skipping it and doing Colorado. I laughed out loud at your response. Good one.

Hi Mark! Welcome to the forum.
To some, trailering the bike is like cheating. Only time the bike is on a trailer is when is broken!
Enjoy your bike-on-the-trailer/bike trip!:lol

Too funny. Quite the contrary. We ride too much for Harley's. Our issue with this trip is we have 8 days to do 10 days worth of riding so we are trying to make up the 2 days by trailering through the boring part of the trip to make up time. We normally go to Sturgis every year, but this year skipping it and doing Colorado. I laughed out loud at your response. Good one.

Annie and I are heading to Colorado, New Mexico and perhaps Utah for a couple of weeks in mid-June.

Head West Rider!

Enjoy your trip Mark! Coming from the east and wanting to get the most from CO, WY, MT, SD, etc, on a trailer gets you through IL, IA and part of NE most efficiently. Looking forward to a trip report at a later date! We love going west! Our trip starts when we cross the Missouri river in NE...from IL to there = boring!

Back