• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Embarrassing

joke

Someone needs to be reassigned—to the department trike, a car, or a desk.

Best,
DG

How in the world did they ever make it through moto school???? They wouldn't have made it through my MSF Basic Rider course if they couldn't retract the side stand and hold the machine upright. I see public transportation in their future.

Friedle

How in the world did they ever make it through moto school???? They wouldn't have made it through my MSF Basic Rider course if they couldn't retract the side stand and hold the machine upright. I see public transportation in their future.

Friedle

How quaint that you think actual training is needed.... sooo 1990s.

From another posting of this elsewhere, it appears that it happened in South Africa. Apparently, the selection process and training in SA is not as rigorous as elsewhere. I don't know that for sure, just passing along the comments of the poster of that info who, I believe, is from SA.

How in the world does a MotoLEO get himself into a situation like this? He couldn't just ride off with the sides stand down ( don't know if there is a lock out ) and then flip it up?

My understanding video is from South Africa, from what others have said on different forums they have a great deal of unqualified motor officers riding there. I’ve watched a very petite woman handle a goldwing like it was a 150 Honda dirt bike, it’s all in ability and training. Same for the female motor officers that I have met at or local bmw dealer, excellent riders

I don't think it's South Africa, where they drive on the left (as in the UK and some other places). The traffic in the video is consistent with driving on the right side of the roadway, not the left.

I don't think it's South Africa, where they drive on the left (as in the UK and some other places). The traffic in the video is consistent with driving on the right side of the roadway, not the left.

From that angle is hard to determine what side of the road they are driving.
But if you look closer, will see that the driver is on the right side of the car.
Are a few, but best noticeable is the car in the last seconds of the video clip.
Not that it makes any difference!!

Vacillating between embarrassing and ridiculous.

Bike is too big for the officer, and she is untrained or incompetent on so many levels.

There is so much wrong in this video, I won't even begin to list it all.

:banghead

From that angle is hard to determine what side of the road they are driving.
But if you look closer, will see that the driver is on the right side of the car.
Are a few, but best noticeable is the car in the last seconds of the video clip.
Not that it makes any difference!!

You're absolutely right. I hovered my finger over and used the pause button, and was clearly able to see drivers on the right side of the first three cars that crossed the camera's field of view. It's likely South Africa, or another drive-on-the-left country.

Vacillating between embarrassing and ridiculous.

Bike is too big for the officer, and she is untrained or incompetent on so many levels.

There is so much wrong in this video, I won't even begin to list it all.

:banghead

However, she managed to pick up the bike by her self, unlike the man that tried to help
her. I wonder if that is part of the training or just practice ...:scratch I wouldn't mess with her!
But is frustrating, she gets to ride a new or almost new bike, and gets paid for it.:banghead
Therefore, is funny and worth posting it!

Back