• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Adjusting Audio Output from USB FlashDrive - 2015 R1200RT

exgman

I have the usual Alpine audio system on my RT. My sources of sound are: 1) direction information from the NavV, 2) SiriusXM, and 3) a USB FlashDrive with about 6GB of music. Both the SiriusXM and the NavV have the same volume output level, but the USB FlashDrive volume is substantially lower than the other two.

I used a program called "MP3 Unify" to make the USB drive, and the source of the recorded music data is my Apple Mac (OS 10.3.1) on which the audio data is recorded using iTunes app.

I'd appreciate any insights anyone could offer about how to keep volume levels even. It's not a big deal, but the discrepancy in the volume levels is annoying, usually when the NavV cuts into some pleasant tune.

Thanks - John

I have the usual Alpine audio system on my RT. My sources of sound are: 1) direction information from the NavV, 2) SiriusXM, and 3) a USB FlashDrive with about 6GB of music. Both the SiriusXM and the NavV have the same volume output level, but the USB FlashDrive volume is substantially lower than the other two.

I used a program called "MP3 Unify" to make the USB drive, and the source of the recorded music data is my Apple Mac (OS 10.3.1) on which the audio data is recorded using iTunes app.

I'd appreciate any insights anyone could offer about how to keep volume levels even. It's not a big deal, but the discrepancy in the volume levels is annoying, usually when the NavV cuts into some pleasant tune.

Thanks - John

I believe you will find your answer in the audio manual, page 32.

2017-12-09 00_08_32-01417726351_R1200RT_Audiosystem_Inhalt_01.pdf.png

If that doesn't work, you could lower the navigation volume level on the Nav V. There is a volume adjustment for navigation on the Nav V under sounds, audio setting, audio mixer, but I don't know if that isn't blocked by the bike's audio system when the GPS is in the cradle.

Hope that helps.

http://www.bmw-motorrad.dk/dk/da/bikes/tour/r1200rt/media/Instruk_R1200RT_Audiosystem_2010_EN.pdf

Pat - thank you for the reply. My audio panel only has four buttons, On, Source, Mode, and Mem. I'll find the manual which pertains to my unit and see if there's a way to massage that system. I'll also check into working with the NavV to see if there's a backdoor way to do this.

JG

I think Pat is on to something. I have a newer audio manual go to the menu toggle switch press until you get to Settings/Audio/Sound go to AUX chose a setting 1-6. See if changing the setting make a difference. I've attached the pages for your review.

Jay

Attachments

• Audio Setting.pdf
    71.4 KB · Views: 24
Thanks Jay. I'll see if that will work. I certainly appreciate all the assistance!

JG

Pat - thank you for the reply. My audio panel only has four buttons, On, Source, Mode, and Mem. I'll find the manual which pertains to my unit and see if there's a way to massage that system. I'll also check into working with the NavV to see if there's a backdoor way to do this.

JG

Sorry about that, I should have double checked what bike the manual referred to. Jay's manual seems to show the right way to do this.

Back