• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anyone familiar with AGV helmets and fits?

GTRider
I am due to replace my C3 this year and thought the logical step would be ordering up a C3 Pro or C4–until I tried them on at the rally in SLC. Chin bar seems much closer and the nice lady from Schuberth just could not get me a proper fit in the C series. She did find me a good fit in an E1, however, and I thought I was ready to place an order this winter. But now, I’ve run across the new AGV modular helmet:
https://www.agv.com/de_en/sport-modular/. The light weight appeals to me and I’m interested in trying one on when they come available, but am wondering what general head shape AGV fits best— oval, long oval, etc. Any current users of AGV helmets have an idea?

Thx,
DG

You can not identify the fit of a specific helmet model by the fit of that manufacturer's other models. Each model typically has its own shape and it is very rare that a manufacturer uses only one (or even two) shapes across the entire model line-up. Most have at least three variations on helmet shape across their different models. I've seen at least 4 different helmet shapes from AGV depending on the model.

I don't know what the new AGV Sport Modular will have as an internal shape, but the AGV Numo EVO (flip-up) is a bit rounder than the Schuberth C3 or the E1 and this is more common than not within the AGV line, but like everyone else, they make several varying shapes, so it really doesn't help to speculate.

Just as with your experience with the C3 and E1, real-world fitting is the only sure-fire way to know. I'm not sure when it will be available in North America. Have you seen a release date?

Back