• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Add on blinky LED brake light thingys

gedubya

I am looking at putting some of these on my GS and was wondering if there is one type, model or manufacturer that you would choose over others.

The manufacturers I'm familiar with so far are Admore and Skene.

Appreciate any input!

Thanks!

+1 on the Skenes. Even had a truck driver holler at me at a traffic light "What are those and where can I get them for my bike" so I guess they are effective..

I am looking at putting some of these on my GS and was wondering if there is one type, model or manufacturer that you would choose over others.

The manufacturers I'm familiar with so far are Admore and Skene.

Appreciate any input!

Thanks!

I have a Volo light. See at Volo.com. Clearwater has the Billie light. I think both are excellent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've used the Knight Riderz light bar on the last four bikes. The cost is minimal at $29.99. The performance seems to be as good as the higher priced units. I had no problems with the CANBUS when I connected the wires.

You can get a lot of different effects with these. I went the simple route and just have them going on as an additional brake light.

Chris

+1 on Skene Designs, and their customer support is top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Skene P3's, and Clewarwater Billie (or Billie Jr.), are both good products. For the Billie, you also need the CanOpener module, which allows you to program the light with the wonderwheel on your left handgrip (assuming your bike has one). I've had both products, and currently have the Billie Jr. on my GSA. Works very well.

I have installed over a dozen sets of P3’s on various bikes and scooters, they work!
After you install them, which is simple with Skenes’s directions, think about Photon Blasters for the front end

blinkey brake lights

Doesn't anybody use Hyperlights anymore? I've had them on my 70 /5, 77100S and 88 100 RS for many miles and years. They still work just fine. They do an excellent job of keeping the tailgaters off my butt. Very reasonable cost.

Friedle

Have used Hyperlites long before the Skenes came along. We have them on most bikes and many miles of use. Have the running and flashing brake options on all. They don't flicker, but am happy. The oldest were 6LED pods, now 12's.
Have installed both for folks, just a preference thing for many. I still have Run-n-Lights license frame 3 pod unit on one of our bikes, they used to be one of a few options

Any added brake light is as good thing,as well as triangling the front. Yellow sure pops on the front...flicker or not

Thank You

Thank's for the info everyone. I'll be checking these out, buying some and putting them on the bike soon.

All of my BMW bikes use the Lite Blazer below the license plate. This is a combination tail and brake light. Mine flash for a few seconds on braking and then are continuously illuminated.

The convincing argument for me was when a buddy and I swapped bikes. I was following him riding my bike with the Lite Blazer. At some distance the stock tail light could not be seen, but the LED tail lights were quite visible. Upon braking the LED tail lights were unmistakable as brake lights from close and farther distances. A quick flash of the brake lights is usually enough to cause tailgaters to back off.

Installation was very easy for airheads, oilheads, and k75s bikes.

http://www.run-n-lites.com/prod-LiteBlazer.html

I have installed over a dozen sets of P3’s on various bikes and scooters, they work!
After you install them, which is simple with Skenes’s directions, think about Photon Blasters for the front end

+10

i have skene p3's on two bikes and the amber photon blasters on the front of both. REALLY visible. the flicker works. i get comments regularly.

I installed the Denali B6 below-license-plate Brake light. (Yes, the website says "New Product -Available February 2018, but I purchased one @ the MOA Rally in Salt Lake). Easy install with the Hex EzCan. Very programmable and very visible. I've set mine for "California Legal" flashing (4 flashes, then solid).

My only disappointment with the Skene Photon Blasters is that they are just blinky lights. With a name like Photon Blaster I was hoping for something like Marvin the Martian's Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

My only disappointment with the Skene Photon Blasters is that they are just blinky lights. With a name like Photon Blaster I was hoping for something like Marvin the Martian's Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

I’ve only installed the amber, no flicker, but turn them on and walk 100ft in front of bike, everyone has been impressed with the visibility increase, if not bright enough double up so you have two pairs pointing front

Back