• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2011 RT esa suspension replacement

MY 2011 RT has over 70K miles, time to change the ESA shocks. I am considering Wilbers and Tractive. Anyone have experience with either?:scratch

I have TracTive on my 2013RT. Very nice shocks. They developed ESA for BMW.
Call Ted Porter he,s the man.

Wilbers use the existing ESA motor on the OEM shocks, so, you have to ship them for swap out with Wilbers struts.

TracTive units are plug and play after set up by Teds shop. Not sure about RT units in particular, but the GS models rear motor is a seperate unit that mounts to frame rail.

And Welcome to the forum as well:wave

I have a 2008 RT and a set of Tractive set from Ted's Beemer Shop.
Plug and play, but will have to send in the rear shock for the motor.
Can't compare with other options, but am happy with what I have.
Also, I was looking to lower the bike, that being the main reason why
I replaced the OEM shocks that I felt were not bad at under 20k miles.
But after the swap, was more than pleased with the way the bike handles.
A big thumb up for Ted, as I had some issues installing and emailed him
on a Sunday, expecting a response Monday. He responded shortly after,
and was more than pleased with his help! Good luck with your choice.
You will be pleased with the improved handling of your bike!

i have a 13RT with Ted's Wilbers WESA upgrade...best money spent on my RT....transformed the handling....

i also have the Tractive shock (1st in the US) on my 15 S1000R...again, transformed the handling....

Ted is a GREAT guy, knows his stuff and is not afraid to talk to his customers....give him a ring, you wont regret it...

Last edited:
Back