• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2012 K1600GTL Issue with clutch handle/lever grab point

dughuze

I bought my K1600 this year, first BMW. I have put 4000 miles on it in the last 3 months. Love the bike but I have this weird issue. Since I have small hands reaching the clutch is an issue to begin with. I purchased a Wunderlich adjustable clutch handle that made it better but it seems that the clutch grabs at a different distance from the bar every time I pull the clutch.

Not knowing how far from the bar the clutch will grab is not something that I have ever experienced on any other bike. My friend has a 2013 K1600GT and has never had this issue.

I checked the level of the hydraulic fluid in the reservoir on the bar and it seems to be over filled a bit but I honestly do not know when to check the fluid. Hot, cold, on the center stand (this is what I did) or...

Has anyone ever heard of this before? Could this indicate clutch wear? (the clutch has never slipped yet) Could this be the level of the hydraulic fluid? Or???

When I bought the bike it had 11,700 miles on it and I had the 12,000 service done. The bike now has 15,800 miles on it. The bike started life as an executive bike for a BMW employee (maybe some thrashing there) cant think of any other history that could be helpful. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Back