• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

'17 Top Of The Rockies

MCRyder

Just got back from Paonia a few hours ago. Other than an apocalyptic storm on 149 (heavy rain, high winds, thick lightning, hail for dessert) and three MAJOR road construction projects within a couple miles of each other on Hwy 50 while riding to the rally, it was a fairly uneventful trip. The rally was it's usual well run operation, the BBQ beef and sausage dinner alone made it worth a 2000 mile round ride, and the riders of BMW were their as-always hail-fellow-well-met selves. I hadn't been since 2008, so was glad nothing had changed. Finally got my K75RT on it's first long ride. I put almost as many miles on this trip as in the last two years since I got it. Ran flawlessly and comfortably, really liked that RT fairing during the hail.

Thanks a million plus to the BMWMCC and it's members for a fantastic rally experience!

A follow-up to my report.

The RT fairing was great, and especially nice during the hail I rode in during the trip up Hwy 149 in CO. I didn't know it was hail until the pea sized stuff fell into my lap. My K75S riding buddy said his knuckles were sore after getting thru it.

The Parabellum windshield is a well engineered piece, it was easily installed in place of the OEM windshield. Downside is at 5-9 the 18" shield had me looking through it and the rain will not shed off the shield at 60 mph. That might be due to the shield vent routing airflow away from the front.

I tried out a set of Shinko 230 Tour Master tires on this trip, first time use. They performed well. Hot temps, cold temps with rain and high wind, many miles of tight curves, 12,000 foot passes, very satisfied with no complaints. They have 2,000 miles with no unusual wear. Hoping to get 6-7,000 miles of use. Got the set for no more than $140 with free shipping.

I need to get/make an altitude plug. My first two K75's came with the plug, the original owner didn't have it when I bought the RT from them. Acceleration was almost non-existent at 5000+ feet. Not needed in Texas, but nice to have in higher climes.

I really liked the Reynolds backrest rack that came with the RT. Never had one on my other Beemers, I packed all my camping gear on the rack and didn't have to throw a leg over it on the rear of the seat.

I appreciated the LOUD horns on the RT when a brain-dead driver almost flattened me by swerving into my lane. I had the same horns on my K11RS, woke the auto driver right up! :thumb

Back