• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Thinking of a 07 rt

delmar

Hi
It's a low mileage 07 r1200rt should I have any concerns about f/d or anything else with buying this model and year
Thanks in advance
Delmar

Info

Just to add the 07 has 13000 km ( 8000 miles) has been dropped a couple time scratches to prove it ,also owner had never owned a bike bought it new thought his wife and he would tour around wife got on it twice that was it for her . Thoughts ! Need help deciding ! oil changes etc where done at dealer

I bought my 07RT 3 years ago with 30k miles on it and it now has 70k. Just finished a 10k mile tour of 11 National Parks out west with the wife and we had a blast. It is a great touring bike if it has all the cases and tank bag. It is a good around town sport bike with all that removed also. I spent some money to get it just right for us and we can spend 12 hours in the saddle with no problem. My longest so far is just short of 15 hours and about 750 miles in one day. You will need to change the stock seats to do that though and I chose Russell Day Long which made it possible. So far I have let dealers do all the scheduled maintenance and outside of that have replaced the battery and fuel pump. No FD problems yet. The fuel strip has been replaced 5 times and in 2019 the warranty on that runs out with no solution yet. Feel free to PM me if you want more info. This was my first BMW and I love it.

Just to add the 07 has 13000 km ( 8000 miles) has been dropped a couple time scratches to prove it ,also owner had never owned a bike bought it new thought his wife and he would tour around wife got on it twice that was it for her . Thoughts ! Need help deciding ! oil changes etc where done at dealer
8000 miles??? Not even broken in, buy it, ride it, enjoy it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Fuel strips

Can someone fill me in on fuel strips (what happens when it goes) we ride in northern VT southern Quebec
Dealers are a easy 80 to 100 miles away thanks again

Can someone fill me in on fuel strips (what happens when it goes) we ride in northern VT southern Quebec
Dealers are a easy 80 to 100 miles away thanks again

If It's just the fuel gauge I can live with that !

I BOUGHT It !!!

Good luck!
The fuel strip is the device that indicates/reports the fuel level to be shown on the display. I myself always use a trip meter to give me an idea when I should "look" for fuel. In the case of the F-800, it's 160 miles.
Sure it's a pain when a feature doesn't work but I haven't got to where I trust bar-graphs anyway. And, again, if its so low that it leaves the low fuel light on it can be annoying. I think the fuel strip is covered (as a warranty item) for some 12? years.
Enjoy the ride.
Gary

Wrong place

No problem ,I shall do !
Pick up bike on Monday afternoon I will pay more attention where I write
Thanks

Back