• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Chicago BMW shops -BMW Countryside or Motoworks Chicago

miseenscene

Good day,

I am new to the Chicago area. I moved here from Portland, Oregon and had a lovely ride cross-country last summer. I do much of my own routine maintenance but am in need of new tires. I would appreciate any feedback (good or bad) on BMW Countryside and Chicago Motoworks. If there are other options in the Chicago area, please send your recommendations.

Oh, this if for a 2006 F650 GS Dakar.

Thanks all.

Be well, ride safely.

R. Kowal

Chicago BMW

Can't believe you have no replies yet from downstate so do not know shops in your area but go to bmwmoa.org go to tools on header look at chartered clubs get one in your area ( northern Illinois bmw riders is one) contact them bet they will be glad to help

Good evening,

Thank you for the advice. I will look up the Chicago area clubs and seek their suggestions.

Be well, ride safely.

RK

Bob at Countryside was great to work with. Its too far away for me to use their service department, but I got a great deal on my 1600 GTL a couple of months age. I couldn't be happier with my purchase experience.

Cycle Werks

I used to live in Elgin. Bought two bikes at Cycle Werks and had service done there also. People are great. Work was done well. Check it out.

I bought a new 2005 R1200GS at Chicago BMW. Mike Abt was the GM, and Peter (forget his last name) was the service manager. Eventually, Chicago BMW closed, I believe the franchise was sold to a suburban automotive group (don't quote me - it really doesn't matter), and the personnel who were at Chicago BMW re-emerged out at Countryside. Including Mike and Peter. So keep in mind - my recommendation is based on Mike and Peter, and if they are no longer there...no recommendation.

Peter had a very brusque manner, but took excellent care of my bike. And that bike had a ton of problems. The work was always done right, done when he said it would be, etc. So if Peter is still the service manager, I'd recommend them.

I bought a new 2005 R1200GS at Chicago BMW. Mike Abt was the GM, and Peter (forget his last name) was the service manager. Eventually, Chicago BMW closed, I believe the franchise was sold to a suburban automotive group (don't quote me - it really doesn't matter), and the personnel who were at Chicago BMW re-emerged out at Countryside. Including Mike and Peter. So keep in mind - my recommendation is based on Mike and Peter, and if they are no longer there...no recommendation.

Peter had a very brusque manner, but took excellent care of my bike. And that bike had a ton of problems. The work was always done right, done when he said it would be, etc. So if Peter is still the service manager, I'd recommend them.

Mike is still there. Peter went to Kali with the new owner and opened a place out there. I've bought 10 new BMW's from Mike and can vouch for him.

Good evening,

Thank you all for the advice.

I have decided to give Cycle Werks Barrington a try simply because Countryside BMW would not respond to my e-mail and phone requests for a service quote and appointment. I may contact them again if and when I need routine service but I was surprised that I had to contact them repeatedly to try and book a service date; I finally gave up. I know that summer is very busy for motorcycle mechanics but surely they should be courteous enough enough to return calls and e-mails.

Be well, ride safely.

Rob

Bob at Countryside was great to work with. Its too far away for me to use their service department, but I got a great deal on my 1600 GTL a couple of months age. I couldn't be happier with my purchase experience.

Back