• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Let's do a Canada meet up at the Beer Garden!

Excellent. Looking forward to the gathering. We have been on the road since June 10. Went to St John's, Nfld to start tracking the Trans-Canada Highway. The weather, wind and pot-hole gods have been somewhat playful with us but all is fine now. Sault Set Marie tomorrow and then to coast. Then to rally..... we won't be hard to find. See you then (can you save us two tags?) - Bob

Drop by if you get a chance.

Local (Salt Lake City) Canadian Ex-Pat

Returning rider (Canadian ex-pat) living in Salt Lake City, Utah for the last 11 years. I hope to join you all. Originally from Windsor, Ontario (born and raised - I tell people Detroit - easier to explain). Dirt bikes growing up, then a few road bikes and then without wheels for over 25 years as life got in the way. Took the plunge back a couple of months ago – been eyeing this for years - bought a 1998 F650 Funduro this April. Relearning the ins and outs of road riding again but being safe and loving it so far!

Looking forward to the rally as this will be my first one and ’m posting this from my downtown office about 2 miles away from the site of the rally. If you haven’t been to SLC it is a pretty cool place and there are a plethora of riding opportunities in our local mountains – ½ hour ride and you are up at 7,500 feet (the city/rally is at 4200 feet) to escape the heat. SLC has a good and growing local beer/bar scene – OK, we’re not Portland or Seattle but we’re making slow progress.

I hope to join you all for a drink!

I thought we were having the Red Dog Saloon Friday afternoon...with all welcome. Heck, maybe I'll just take my bottle of fine Scotch to Camp Glockenspiel instead!

I thought we were having the Red Dog Saloon Friday afternoon...with all welcome. Heck, maybe I'll just take my bottle of fine Scotch to Camp Glockenspiel instead!

Dang, looks like a big of logistical work is to be done. Any suggestions on this? - Bob

Dang, looks like a big of logistical work is to be done. Any suggestions on this? - Bob

Well, we could do the Red Dog at 5:30 when the seminars are over. Give the Canadians a head start since the beer is 3.2

I even have Red Dog decals to pass out this year!

Pete and Tully

Well, we could do the Red Dog at 5:30 when the seminars are over. Give the Canadians a head start since the beer is 3.2

Pete and Tully

That seems like a good suggestion.....drinking supper (aka dinner). Should we move the RDS to another thread or maybe bring last year's back to life? We are on the road right now (just landed in Regina and heading for Medicine Hat tomorrow) and my 'planning capabilities' are limited. However, whatever you think is strategic, we will support. PM me if you like. -Bob

Pete and Tully

3.2%!!!! My God! I hope the porta potties are very near by and pumped out often!:drink:1drink:beer:ca

That seems like a good suggestion.....drinking supper (aka dinner). Should we move the RDS to another thread or maybe bring last year's back to life? We are on the road right now (just landed in Regina and heading for Medicine Hat tomorrow) and my 'planning capabilities' are limited. However, whatever you think is strategic, we will support. PM me if you like. -Bob

What? You could have had a place to stay. When are you leaving? I'm up.

What? You could have had a place to stay. When are you leaving? I'm up.

In Medicine Hat now and Calgary tomorrow. Would have taken you up on your offer for sure but I really didn't want to go on the Forum and sound like I was fishing for accommodations. However, thanks very much for the kind offer! Finally the weather has improved for us..... now we can start groaning about the heat. - Bob

And a reminder of our meet up

Date = Friday July 14
Time = 6:30 pm to 7:00 pm or later depending on consumption rate and length of jokes
Area = Beer Garden

Please drop by and have some fun!

Hell, Vermont nearly became part of Canada before becoming the 14th state. Craftsbury is just 24 miles south of the border. Tully and I might just swing by to see a few Canadien friends.

Hell, Vermont nearly became part of Canada before becoming the 14th state. Craftsbury is just 24 miles south of the border. Tully and I might just swing by to see a few Canadien friends.

and British Columbia was being considered by the U.S. at one time until the new Canada took it over ..... interesting times. Just look up Danial Webster and the formation of the Maine border.

View attachment 62374

View attachment 62375

To my fellow Canadians, a very happy Canada Day to you all!

:ca

we just completed (k1100lt ...Trans-Canada Mile 0 , St John's Newfoundland to Mile 0 West Coast and arrived in Victoria, BC to celebrate our great birthday! Glorious and Free. - Bob

O Canada! Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide, O Canada,
We stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

(French)
O Canada! Terre de nos aïeux,
Ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux.
Car ton bras sait porter l'épée,
Il sait porter la croix.
Ton histoire est une épopée,
Des plus brillants exploits.
Et ta valeur, de foi trempée,
Protégera nos foyers et nos droits.
Protégera nos foyers et nos droits.

Let's do a Canada meetup

I think we should contact the Federal Government to commission a study on the matter. We need to know home location, bike ridden, total number of BMW's owned, choice of beer (Canadian Eh!) and preferred location in the beer tent or immediate surrounds...

Back