• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from Minnesota!

mrvvrroomm

First time BMW owner = my wife. She's riding a new '16 R1200RS.

She's coming from '15 Super Tenere, me from '14 Super Tenere.

I ride a '16 KTM Super Adventure.

We live just south of Twin Cities Metro.

She's been riding her own since '03. She is my best riding buddy.

I've been riding since...oh boy, on the street since 1976.

Welcome to the forum!
Nice to have a good riding buddy. Looks like a great selection of bikes.
Enjoy the forum.
Gary

I also live south of metro. Been riding Bmw 's since '07. Have two friends that recently switched also. Some great rides towards Wisconsin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome

I bought my first BMW during the late summer of 2015, a 700gs and have 31000 miles on it now, it has the highest fun factor of any bike that I ever owned. I also live in MN, West of Alexandria.

Minnesota BMW Rally

Great to have more people coming! Minnesota Rally is different than most as there is all sorts of camping families that reside there. I sometimes would just go for Saturday and was able to ride to the camp site of the guys that I ride with. And we would take a ride into Wisconsin or south to Iowa. Minnesota is so different! South East is hilly Northeast has Lake Superior, forests and marshes. Northwest is flat, seeing city elevators every 10 miles. Southwest looks about the same as Northwest.

I have been going to Money Creek since early 2000's. Ah, memories. Coming south on Hwy 76 and the gas line popped on the fuel pump inside the gas tank... quietly roll into the first parking lot. "BMW motorcycles aren't that quiet!" The fellow rider exclaimed.. I grinned. Or back in 2017 the fuel light on a 98 K1200RS had come on while on I-90.. My friend Duane said we would make it! However we did stop and register and put up our tents... rode south to Houston, MN.. engine died.. I pulled in the clutch and rolled into the Cenex Station! Added 5.4 gallons of fuel..

Tim Lindstrom or hfbmw 60027
Columbia Heights, MN
03 BMW K1200RS

Welcome from…normally New Jersey, but at the moment Michigan. I was just in MN a few days ago to visit family while riding a new-to-me F650GS home.

Welcome to MRS Vrooom!

She’s got good tastes in motorcycles; Mrs-HSV got her blue&white RS one year ago {from the MOA Marketplace in fact}. :thumb
First thing we did was order some extra LEDs, front & back, for added conspicuity... Something like this is helpful, IMHO.
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/parts/denali-d2-2.0-trioptic-led-light-kit-p

Do the best U can with whatever floats your boat... :brow

Hope to see all y’all in Springfield, MO in 3 weeks. MOA turns 50 this year.
https://rally.bmwmoa.org

Happy Trails whenever and wherever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —-&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin — '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Bruce and Dawn changed to a GSA and GS a couple years ago.
This is the only picture I have of their GSs.

IMG_0337.JPG

Back