• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

starter brush set for 06 r1200

petergsa

Hi all;
I have been trying to track down a supplier that has starter brushes that i can use in my 2006 r1200gs getting close to the 150.000km mark and thought that a set on hand might be a good idea since the brushes are the only thing for the most part that needs to replaced to freshen up the starter.
thanks. peter

Peter -

From the fiche, it looks like the starter is a Bosch-type starter. If it is, I'm sure there are any number of starter repair shops that would have new brushes. If you had the starter out of the bike, someone would be able to match the parts. That said, EuroMotoElectrics has quite a bit of stuff for BMWs. You could check with Rick Jones at Motorrad Elektrik to see if he has any thoughts.

Kurt

Kurt; I contacted both suppliers and received the same response to my request for brush sets for the 2006 to 2013 r1200 starter.( BMW part #12317691956) nothing yet available. Now i'm determined to find the brush sets somewhere, unless anyone else has some insight into the mysterious depths of propitiatory components.
thank to all
peter

PeterGSA,

You might try EURO MOTOELECTRICS in Phoenix, I think. They have a bunch of stuff. Recently bought a voltage regulator for my '99 R1100S to bump the output up to 14.7V for my AGM PC680 battery. It came with new brushes. $40 plus postage!! Very fast delivery, too. Lori there is VERY knowledgeable and helpful. Hard to beat the prices.

http://www.euromotoelectrics.com/

GOOD Luck!!

Lowndes

Back