• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Oilhead in tank fuel hose

I used fuel line for a weed trimmer on my 1994 R100RSL. Its the kind that goes in the tank of the weed trimmer. I think it was yellow and I got it at a auto parts store. Its been several years ago so I don't remember the brand of the fuel line etc.

You can probably find submersible fuel line at an auto parts house, but it physical size may not work for this application. If I was replacing this line I would go with the OEM lines as they have an 10 mm OD, 5 mm ID and are correct for this application. You have to consider how any other line would effect the clearance needed to install the fuel pump assembly. I admit, they are a bit pricey at $36.02 per meter, but it works and gives you needed clearance.

Surprisingly BMW is about the cheapest I've found. Years ago I was able to get 3/16" stuff at the local auto parts store but it is hard to find now. I did see someone mentioned a product called Tygon on one of the other sites but I haven't been able to verify if it is submersible. It may be something similar to the weed trimmer stuff mentioned above.

The Tygon line is not meant for constant submersion, it will go hard within 8-10 months.
As suggested, BMW is a good source - DIN type NBR (nitrile)

Attachments

• Vent Line_resize.jpg
    Vent Line_resize.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 122

They have 5/16" 30R10 rated hose like the one in the link.

Not 5mm.

As was said up there it's tough to get the right size correct rated submersible hose for much less than BMW, so ... :scratch

BTW I used NAPA hose on the outside of my tank and it's larger diameter than OEM hose made it more fiddly to lay in properly. Won't do that again. :-(

Back