• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ride Mode Pro opinions

plock

Plockster
Hi all,

I have had my new 2016 R1200 GS now for about about 90 days and have about 1,500 miles on the clock. I love the bike, but to be honest I,m not sure that I am seeing any significant difference in the different ride modes from a throttle response perspective. I have spent most of my time between Rain and Road modes, with a little bit of time in Dynamic (I have not been in Enduro yet). I guess what I'm saying is if you randomly picked a mode for me but didn't tell me what I was in, I'm not sure that I could easily tell you what mode I was in. I probably could guess right some of the time, but it would be a guess...

Does anyone have the same thoughts, or is this just my unsophisticated riding palate (not unlike my fine wine palate šŸ˜’). Do I just need some more time in the saddle to feel the differences between the modes? Is there a specific gear or RPM range when you tend to see the biggest difference?

I appreciate any feedback.

Dan

Hi all,

I have had my new 2016 R1200 GS now for about about 90 days and have about 1,500 miles on the clock. I love the bike, but to be honest I,m not sure that I am seeing any significant difference in the different ride modes from a throttle response perspective. I have spent most of my time between Rain and Road modes, with a little bit of time in Dynamic (I have not been in Enduro yet). I guess what I'm saying is if you randomly picked a mode for me but didn't tell me what I was in, I'm not sure that I could easily tell you what mode I was in. I probably could guess right some of the time, but it would be a guess...

Does anyone have the same thoughts, or is this just my unsophisticated riding palate (not unlike my fine wine palate ��). Do I just need some more time in the saddle to feel the differences between the modes? Is there a specific gear or RPM range when you tend to see the biggest difference?

I appreciate any feedback.

Dan

Hi Dan,

What you may be noticing is if you roll on really fast and hard in Rain mode for example, you're going to get similar behavior as you might get do a moderate roll on in Road mode for example. Shorter/quicker inputs results in more throttle in the more aggressive modes over the less aggressive ones, at least that's what it seems like to me. It could also be in Rain mode you flat out get the 25% less fuel/power than in the other modes I think is what I've read, and maybe that is independent of throttle input per se.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

This is helpful. I'll see if I can pick up on the differences in throttle response as I toggle between modes.

Back