• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

RnineT Scrambler arriving in September~

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
From Max BMW's e-rider newsletter-

97dae6cf-b41a-4cc4-a437-b94ad18e6463.png

New this fall, BMW is releasing the RnineT Scrambler and we're all super-excited for this bike to arrive. First of all, this isn't a pseudo-scrambler that's just a regular bike with knobby tires, this is a production scrambler that replaces the RnineT's 17" front with a 19" wheel, for higher clearance and seat height, has traditional telescopic forks with gaiters and a longer wheelbase, includes upright bars with a simplified speedo, and most important of all, a high exhaust (it's not a scrambler if you can't ride through a stream without burying your pipes!)

Like all RnineT's this is a bike that you can further customize to suit your taste (immediately, we'd add the cross spoke wheels and brushed aluminum tank with visible welds.)

I'm liking the looks of it.

OM

Haven't read up on latest...wonder if wheel options are available? Since it offers a 19 front wheel, maybe the GS tubeless spoked model....just read that is most likely

Nice concept making its rollout:thumb

Like every other current Boxer:dunno

Assume you are referencing: Whoopee, a one-into-two muffler....

Aren't most "R" bikes two into one like RT, R, GS, not two into one into two as the Nine? Don't see how Nine is like all other Boxers.

I'll continue along with this "splitting hairs" thread de-rail...:laugh

It appears to me that, as Henzilla has pointed out, all current boxer BMWs have a two-into-one exhaust. Some (like the RnineT) have a two-into-one....into two. And its purely due to a style that the designers/marketing department wanted. If style had dictated it, we could have seen a two-into-one....into three.

Last edited:
2 into 1 , then 1 into 2, R1100s had this configuration as well with the two mufflers under the seat instead of on the side. It will be interesting if you can throw anything on the rear of this new bike.

Well who knows what this'll cost.... although cost may not be an issue for anybody buying any brand new BMW. I think it's a decent looking bike, just hope at least some of them get dirty.

Clearly BMW is following a trend, (looks kinda "brat"-ty) so maybe it'll help the brand.
Hopefully they're not clutching at straws.

Back