• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Fairing screws

flhfxd

My bike is missing several of the body fairing screws. It's hard to see from my manual where the specific lengths are supposed to go. There are 3 lengths. Most appear to be 3/4" (or metric equivalent) then a few 1" and even fewer 1/2". Anyone happen to know how or have a reference for proper position of these?

Last edited:
My bike is missing several of the body fairing screws. It's hard to see from my manual where the specific lengths are supposed to go. There are 3 lengths. Most appear to be 3/4" (or metric equivalent) then a few 3/4 " and even fewer 1/2". Anyone happen to know how or have a reference for proper position of these?

Just popped l side t'ware this am, on my '98RT. Including the 4 screws to remove the lower "spoiler" I count 13 total. 10 of one length, 3 a little longer (which install along the seam where the t'ware hits the metal panel holding the pegs etc.). Oops almost forgot the long one behind the mirror. b

On the bikes we have owned the long screws normally go through two fairing panels.

On the R1100RT they use several different lengths but you really only need 16mm bolts everywhere except under the mirrors where I think you can use 20mm bolts rather than those very very long ones that are stock.

I use the two short ones on R11xxRTs at the rear of the fuel tank to keep long screws away from the battery.

Back