• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Slow Leak Over Winter Resolved

BMW Triumphant

Ed Kilner #176066
Using the old trick of 20% soap, 80% water, and a spray bottle, I was able to find this:

Slow Leak.jpg

I had posted before about the loss of air over the winter and got a variety of advisories, saying ride it, repair it, replace it.

Today I replaced it. Also, changed the display from Bar to PSI. Don't know why Canadian bikes come with Bar instead of PSI. I think they also updated the software, the bike rode really well on the way home.

Price for the rear tire, PR4 GT, was $497.83 CAD, with taxes.

I expect to get a refund, partial. from the MOA Platinum insurance, but it will likely not be the full price. More when I know.

It's a dealer thing. I had them change mine over too, when my GT was in for its Spring service. Everything else seems to be as it was.

Had mine changed to psi also! Friend of mine had the dealer change the length of time the turn signals stayed on! Awsum what they can do nowadays!

Ed: How do you get the display to show PSI? If you do switch it over somehow, are the other quanitites still metric or does the whole bike go "American"? :)

I have the same question. My Dealer (over a period of several years) told me it could not be done. I did not believe them, but assumed there was a (not-so-obvious method) that required the shop's computer to change. It was weird at the time since I had two RTs, one of which was PSI and the other BAR, both purchased from them one year apart.

I wonder if GS-911 can do this?

I'm used to automobiles where the Dealer diagnostic tool can change a bunch of things.

It'd make the GS-911 much more attractive to buy if it could do stuff like this...

Platinum Membership Is Great!

The dealer, BMW Toronto was not able to accept an email claim directly from the Tire Insurance organization. (Last year, a dealer in Moncton NB was able to do so.)

So, today I emailed the receipt to the company. I had been told yesterday the payment would be $200 US. I did not like this as I paid $497.83 CAD for the tire replacement, $95 of which was labour.

I was able to get the maximum reimbursement of $250 US, about $320 CAD at today's rate, don't know what the rate will be at the time I get the cheque in 10 days.

Still, on 1 year's Platinum membership, I have had two tires replaced and so I am a huge fan of the BMW MOA plan. Huge!

Some of the US members will no doubt be shocked at the high price of tire replacement in Canada, but ... $334.06 CAD for the rear PR4 GT.

And, the dealer did not charge for the change of display from Bar to PSI for the TPM system.

Budd's in Oakville told me it was about a half hour job for them to change the TPS monitor to PSI. I was lucky - they had to go in there anyway to do a software update, so they included it.

Budd's in Oakville told me it was about a half hour job for them to change the TPS monitor to PSI. I was lucky - they had to go in there anyway to do a software update, so they included it.

I know the shop, bought my 2011 there. I would think a half-hour is a minimum charge sort of thing. Wheel the bike in, on the lift, make the change, take it off, then they always give the bike a wash, wheel it out.

Not all dealers do the wash. Toronto BMW does not, for example.

But, if they are connecting it anyway, the Bar to PSI change should be free, as it was.

Back