• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Alabama Club - Alabeemers 2016 Great Chicken Rally - Dunlap, TN

brianhinton

2018 Rally Chair
I am planning on riding up to Dunlap, TN for the Alabeemers 2016 Great Chicken Rally on Friday, May 27. I think there's a couple guys, Jeff and possibly Reece, who will meet me about 10 AM in the Montgomery Pike Road area, and we will head north to Dunlap.
We will pick up Giuseppe along the way and make way north avoiding all interstates. If anyone is interested in riding up to Dunlap together, please PM me and let me know. Or you can contact me on my cell phone by voice or text.

The Chicken Rally will be held at Coke Ovens. Here is a link with some more info-
http://www.bmwmoal.org/rally.php

So if you didn't come to this year's chicken rally.... You missed out!

This year's chicken rally at the coke ovens museum in Dunlap, Tenneessee was awesome. Here are a few photos and captions.

image.jpg

Me and Jeff Hanshew's bike parked outside a gas station on our way to link up with Brian, Miles, and Frank.

image.jpg

I couldn't ride my new RT as I would have overridden the 600 mile break in service; so Ursula went from 115,000 miles to 116,000 miles.

image.jpg

Frank, Jeff, Brian, and Miles at a pit stop on our way.

image.jpg
Peaches and pancakes Saturday morning breakfast. Alabama president Jim Kallahan harassing the volunteers.

image.jpg
Volunteers from the Alabama club grilling pancakes Saturday morning.

image.jpg
Thumbs up from Brian and the crew. Getting fueled up for the big ride.

100 year old Hendersons.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

So I took my group to the natural bridge and despite the annoying, rude, crude ignorant Harley group that was there, we did come across a pick up with these specimens of history onboard. Never figured out why 100 year old motorcycles were at my natural bridge. I say mine because my mom and all her brothers and sisters were raised in the woods near the natural bridge. We passed my family cemetary going to and from there. It was nice of the Harley group to piss from the natural bridge and for a "lady" to lift her shirt on the bridge for a photo op after asking, "Are there any kids here?" Miles is twelve. As we were walking out an elderly man in UT attire said to his younger kin folk, "I used to play in these woods when I was a boy..." I stopped and said, "We're related." We struck up a conversation. He's a Short, I'm a Garner...

image.jpg

Kevin and Alecia K1600GTL riders at the base of the natural bridge.

image.jpg

Scenes from the rally

image.jpg

Blue grass band... They were awesome.

And finally...

image.jpg

A lonely shot of Ursula on Buggtussle road about 3 miles from mom and dads house. I got to make the Memorial Day ride I did last year with my dad an annual event. I'll have to post another thread on the second annual Memorial Day ride of me and my dad. He took me to my grandmothers grave...

It was my first, but not my last. One more knee replacement and I'll be back out ASAP!

Sent from my SM-P607T using Tapatalk

Back