• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Fuses?

prairieguy

Hi guys, my '83 r100rt popped 2 fuses a couple of days ago.
After locating them in the headlight bucket, I realize that I don't know the rating for either of them. One has the number "8" and "(P)" on the back. My manual doesn't indicate what the rating is. I'm thinking 15amp.
fe525c120d6e019f3862c243cab45c30.jpg
65c65b59c03012b3102c7eda07d1c900.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are 8 amp. Some of the later bikes (R80R, R100R, R80GS, R100GS '91-on) are 15 amp.

Thanks guys, now I need to find replacements...and sort out my rather butchered wiring harness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be available at any auto parts store. Believe they were also used in VWs. I bought some at Pep Boys. The 15 mentioned is the position or circuit on the board.

These fuses are color coded ... so you need white ones.

The 15 under the fuse is the circuit number.

Might have to go looking a bit- or order them. I was working on a Range Rover electrical problem one time :hungover and remember having to do some searching for the replacements. I think they were referred to as "European style".
OM

O'Reilly Auto Parts stores carry them in Minnesota.
I was surprised but they are right there with the other fuses.
Steve

These fuses are color coded ... so you need white ones.

+1, what Kent said.

O'Reilly's in CA as well.

Or any VW repair shop. They're used them since before the first bug landed here in '49.

Several VW dealers and shops in Edmonton. Try PunchBuggies in the NW part of town. They had tons of stuff there and surely would have fuses.

Or just google "VW parts Edmonton". Comes up with ten or more places you could go. These are not hard to find at all.

Back