• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Turkey for me and turkey for you...

chacifer

Chowdah Head
As of last evening, I have had Turkey in some form for every meal (except breakfast) since Thanksgiving day. I think I am done with this fowl for a while :sick

We have dinner with a friend, who unfortunatelyl doesn't bag up leftovers.

We do, however, still have two half eaten pies. :eat

Mmmm turkey in the morning,turkey in the evening,turkey at suppertime.

So,what's wrong with breakfast turkey??

:)

only slightly more tolerable than the vegan potluck i went to yesterday, after 3 days of turkey, stuffing, potatos and all that crap the last thing i want is more of it with to-furkey subustitue, tempeh and soy shepards pie, ice cream and no moo butter

i mean, maybe in febuary the change of pace would be appreciated

i'm lucky if i eat meat once a week now, wha, wha...............

cjack said:

46311778-M.jpg

Chacifer, if you still have them, those pictures of Spike the Turkey might go well here..

No Turkey

This year my wife didn't want to do Turkey. Like Chacifer, she didn't want to be eating turkey all weekend. Even more, she didn't want to be dealing with the carcass in the Frig for the rest of the weekend. Soooooo, she cooked a large roast leg of Lamb. It was very good.

We did, however, have Lamb for lunch and dinner on Friday, and again on Saturday. And she did have to deal with the remaining meat on the leg bone in the Frig.

Soooo, Dear, why was that again that you didn't want to do a turkey????? :banghead

tb

My daughter carried this turkey leg around all weekend.

Attachments

• turkey-leg.jpg
    turkey-leg.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 69
We indoctrinated a few Italians into the Thanksgiving tradition as well.

Attachments

• IMG_3851.jpg
    IMG_3851.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 68
a turkey leg??

jdiaz said:
My daughter carried this turkey leg around all weekend.

Are you sure thats not an ostrich leg?? :eat Did she ever finish it?

I had three Thanksgivings to go to, luckily one of them was on a different day. The final one was with a Chinese family who had TWO turkeys (one roasted and the other smoked), a few of the usual other dishes, and a few Chinese dishes (not the ones you get at Golden Panda Buffet either).
It was a VERY yummy day! :eat

No turkey for us, our oven wouldn't light. How does a gas oven end up with a loose wire? I have no idea.

Gee, I never thought of smoking a turkey. Where can you get rolling papers in the extra-large size?

Montana said:
No turkey for us, our oven wouldn't light. How does a gas oven end up with a loose wire? I have no idea.

Gee, I never thought of smoking a turkey. Where can you get rolling papers in the extra-large size?

I find taking the bones out keeps them from sticking out of the papers and making for a bad draw. Slow smoking gives the best effect.

Back