• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2017 BMW MOA National location?

2017 National location

How about Bloomington, MN? We already have an appropriate Rally Logo, Rally Patch and tons of Rally Logoed stuff in our official store inventory. :dance

Google is your friend if my suggestion is not obvious. :scratch

Friedle

How about Bloomington, MN? We already have an appropriate Rally Logo, Rally Patch and tons of Rally Logoed stuff in our official store inventory. :dance

Google is your friend if my suggestion is not obvious. :scratch

Friedle

I think your assumption is incorrect about having tons of rally logo stuff left over from the previous rally. That was the old paradigm. :dance

2017 location

I think your assumption is incorrect about having tons of rally logo stuff left over from the previous rally. That was the old paradigm. :dance

Once again I have been misunderstood. What I was trying to convey is that there already exists a large variety of 2017 National Rally branded choices if the location turns out to be Bloomington.

I suppose it's not really funny if you gots to 'splain it.

Friedle

Maybe Boise? You've got a local dealer there, fairgrounds, several good micro brews, lots of motel accommodations, access to the interstates and mountain roads and generally good summer weather.

Maybe Boise? You've got a local dealer there, fairgrounds, several good micro brews, lots of motel accommodations, access to the interstates and mountain roads and generally good summer weather.

Boise is totally unsuitable. Too hot. It is known as "Furnace Creek East".

Once again I have been misunderstood. What I was trying to convey is that there already exists a large variety of 2017 National Rally branded choices if the location turns out to be Bloomington.

I suppose it's not really funny if you gots to 'splain it.

Friedle

"Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood." :brad

Of course you have to hear the music in your head to have that make any sense. :thumb

Boise is totally unsuitable. Too hot. It is known as "Furnace Creek East".

I was in Boise for the BMWRA Rally in 2006. The weather was great and not Too Hot. But I live in Phoenix, AZ so of course Boise would not be too hot.
I think it would be a great spot for the 2017 BMWMOA Rally.

Bill

I thought BMW MOA riders were tuff? I totally could see a grizzled old 80 year old rider saying, "One Hundred degree temps in July... Bring it on!"

I thought BMW MOA riders were tuff? I totally could see a grizzled old 80 year old rider saying, "One Hundred degree temps in July... Bring it on!"

Last time I was in Boise in July it was 105. That's too hot to be fun. For me anyway. I simply wouldn't go. YMMV. And I've been to 31 of the last 32 rallies.

Last time I was in Boise in July it was 105. That's too hot to be fun. For me anyway. I simply wouldn't go. YMMV. And I've been to 31 of the last 32 rallies.

But...it's a DRY heat! Nights tend to cool down nicely. And the Boise fairgrounds is only minutes away from being up in the mountains on the way to Idaho City.

Now St. Paul, that was HOT. Three showers a day and still couldn't get or stay comfortable, felt like I had a wet towel on my back most of the time. Escaped to my brother's house in Mendota Heights for sleeping...
;)
Best,
DG

Paul,
I won't say Boise doesn't get warm but please consider the attached screen shot. In the thirty-three years I've lived in ID, I've never not ridden because of the heat and seldom because of the cold. Ride easy,
gp
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 478
But...it's a DRY heat! Nights tend to cool down nicely. And the Boise fairgrounds is only minutes away from being up in the mountains on the way to Idaho City.

Now St. Paul, that was HOT. Three showers a day and still couldn't get or stay comfortable, felt like I had a wet towel on my back most of the time. Escaped to my brother's house in Mendota Heights for sleeping...
;)
Best,
DG

"A dry heat..." Kind of like an oven? LOL

But...I'd take it compared to that Midwest sticky heat (I'm originally from northern Iowa). Some darned pretty country in Idaho. And...they have potatoes. :dance

Cheers!

Idaho is one of my three or four favorite summer states. We leave the Texas Big Bend every summer for three or four months. I would never suggest where I live (Terlingua, Texas) for a July rally. We usually go northwest. Idaho, Washington, British Columbia, Hyder, Alaska, etc.

But that is Stanley, and Bonners Ferry, and Sand Point, and Lewistown - not Boise. Last time I was headed to Boise, as mentioned, it was 105 in July. The heat was killing me. I jumped right on ID 21 and headed to Stanley.

There are many beutiful spots in Idaho. With all regards to my friend Greg Feeler, Boise is not one of them.

I rolled in to Lewiston, Idaho on my way to the Salem national rally in 2013 after a run over Lolo Pass. Temp was a balmy 102.

Back