• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2011 RT Rear mudguard question

fordtech50

I was wondering if there's some reason why below the license plate there is a long section with 2 vertical holes in the center and some sort of curved slots on the inside? The semi-tube shaped areas seems like something would snap into them.
It appears the slots and holes are there for a reason. Is there something that can attach there such a longer fender extension? There must be some reason it's designed that way.
Anyone have a clue??

There is an optional extension flap that you can buy which allows you to variablly lower or raise the extension flap. The other two holes are for the optional additional brake light.

Is the fender extention a factory part? Is that an optional extra brake light from BMW? Does it pug into existing harness? I figured those holes were for something.

The only optional rear brake light sold by BMW is a USA part and mounts behind the USA license plate.

Yes the mud flap is a BMW part.

There may be a rear fog light available in Europe.

In any event, a Euro license plate would cover any hole that you currently see.

A BMW salesman told me that the extra long fender, holes, etc., were for license plates for Germany. It didn't make sense to me as none of the other bikes on the floor had such fenders or extensions. He didn't have any explanation when I pointed that out to him, he just shrugged his shoulders.

A BMW salesman told me that the extra long fender, holes, etc., were for license plates for Germany. It didn't make sense to me as none of the other bikes on the floor had such fenders or extensions. He didn't have any explanation when I pointed that out to him, he just shrugged his shoulders.

HERE YA GO! EXTENSION, BMW Supp. BRAKE LIGHT AND ROUNDEL!

And if you use my license # for anything duplicitous you will be assimilated!

Attachments

• DSC03157.JPG
    DSC03157.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
atomicman that looks good. Where did you get that round BMW emblem?
How does the LED auxillary brake light hook up to the existing wiring harness?
Thanks.

Aux lights patch into connector for rear power outlet plus connect to the tail/brake light wire. Harness specific to bike, light unit for all BMW.

Brake Light

Looks great Atomicman. Do you happen to have part numbers for the light and harness? Also where did you purchase them from? Thanks.

Back