• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mexico Road Trip Advice

depstein56

I'm new to the forum, so I hope I do this correctly!:)
Does anyone have a good link or other resource suggestion for my planned trip from California to Chiapas, Mexico? Insurance, roads, accommodations, repairs, fuel, and general advice?
Thanks a million!

Thank you Stephen!

I will most definitely spend some time on the site you suggested. Much appreciated. Have a great trip yourself! Best, David

Just returned from Mexico

When are you planning to go? Chiapas is great. Riding in Mexico is wonderful. Roads are getting better all the time. I was there 3 years ago and the difference between then and Jan-Feb (5,000 miles) was amazing. Border crossings are usually pretty straight forward and the police and military folks we encountered this trip were all very professional and polite. (They were last time too.) You can pm me and I can give you info. I'm planning to write a summary of our 6 week trip once I finish taxes. But I'd be happy to help you with any info I can. It's a great country with wonderful people and twisty roads, especially Chiapas!
Also, check out Mexico Mike's website and Sjoerd Bakker's information. They're both great sources.

Back