• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New RT owner

t6pilot

Watched my new RT, being assembled Wednesday, from its shipping container
Sergio from long beach bmw is a master, he had the bike together inside a hour, they added a quart of fuel, made sure the bike started and sent me off to the service station to complete fueling. I got to ride it first discounting the factory test ride..
Great handling bike no wonder so many PD's like them

Watched my new RT, being assembled Wednesday, from its shipping container
Sergio from long beach bmw is a master, he had the bike together inside a hour, they added a quart of fuel, made sure the bike started and sent me off to the service station to complete fueling. I got to ride it first discounting the factory test ride..
Great handling bike no wonder so many PD's like them
Welcome! from another '15 RTW :dance

BTW, pics or it didn't happen :D

Welcome from another RT owner. Mine too is new but it's an '05. Also a pilot, I'm assuming T6 Texan? Almost been runed over by one of those twice now since I've started flying the lakota. Mostly ATC sending me on radar vectors over airports where they are operating VFR.

That looks great.. low miles I bet. I'm jealous.
Is that black??? Don't think that was an OEM color. Nice repaint.

In retrospect, I'd take a nice, clean, low mile, Hexhead RT and cash, over my new RT LC.
I liked my Hexeads better overall than my 2 new LC.
But that's just me.

Not to pee on his parade, the OP here just got a new bike...
enjoy it friend!
whatever you're on, riding is WAY better than driving.

d'milan

New RT

Congratulations! Looks to have a different fairing set up than the earlier 2015's - she is a beauty - would you mind shooting some more glamor shots....pictures of the front, instrument cluster, etc

Curious to see all the changes on the later 2015

2015 rt

Quick...spot the new guy!

Thanks Mark - I'm familiar with appearance of my 2000 R1100RT and my 2015 R1200RT and, per my picture request, pretty 'uninformed' on the models in between.............thought the exhaust pipes looked a bit colored for being new.

Quick...spot the new guy!

Thanks Mark - I'm familiar with appearance of my 2000 R1100RT and my 2015 R1200RT and, per my picture request, pretty 'uninformed' on the models in between.............thought the exhaust pipes looked a bit colored for being new.
No problem -- we all gotta start somewhere! :thumb

thought the exhaust pipes looked a bit colored for being new.
Very normal on BMW head pipes. With the exception of the R1200C, BMW boxer headpipes are single-walled, and the chrome on the pipes quickly turn yellow/blue due to the direct exposure to the exhaust gas. Personally, I really like the bluing.

Still

IMO, and having owned them both.
I'd take the 2005, + cash of course (I don't like to throw money away), over my 2014.

If dollar value was not an issue, I'd definitely take the 2005, even with the power assisted brakes.
Much nicer transmission, quieter mechanically, quieter exhaust. Traction control is the only item I'd miss.

Matter of fact, I'll be selling my '14 and will most likely end up with a nice, clean, low mileage Hexhead or Camhead.

my .02:beer

Still

IMO, and having owned them both.
I'd take the 2005, + cash of course (I don't like to throw money away), over my 2014.

If dollar value was not an issue, I'd definitely take the 2005, even with the power assisted brakes.
Much nicer transmission, quieter mechanically, quieter exhaust. Traction control is the only item I'd miss.

Matter of fact, I'll be selling my '14 and will most likely end up with a nice, clean, low mileage Hexhead or Camhead.

my .02:beer
Different strokes, I guess. I have a 2012 camhead RT and a 2015 wethead RT in the garage -- I prefer the wethead.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I agree with the shifting -- the 2012 RT has the smoothest-shift tranny I've ever felt on a BMW boxer.

Last edited:
That looks great.. low miles I bet. I'm jealous.
Is that black??? Don't think that was an OEM color. Nice repaint.

In retrospect, I'd take a nice, clean, low mile, Hexhead RT and cash, over my new RT LC.
I liked my Hexeads better overall than my 2 new LC.
But that's just me.

Not to pee on his parade, the OP here just got a new bike...
enjoy it friend!
whatever you're on, riding is WAY better than driving.

d'milan

Not trying to take away from the OP. just trying to let him know that a Beemer looks good and performs like new when taken care of. Also trying to motivate him to post pic. Ursula has... Wait, let me turn the key. 103637 miles. Original paint dark charcoal gray.

Not trying to take away from the OP. just trying to let him know that a Beemer looks good and performs like new when taken care of. Also trying to motivate him to post pic. Ursula has... Wait, let me turn the key. 103637 miles. Original paint dark charcoal gray.

No Way!
That baby has been loved.

I traded my 2010 camhead for my 2015 wethead. I can't think of a single thing I liked better about my old bike.

Pete
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forgot to add had a 2011 1200gs great bike, traded on a 1600gt, wanted more power,
Realized RT fit my riding style better. Fun begins adding all the farklesšŸ˜€

Back