• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

the ol ball n chain

kthflieger

Spent some time looking but haven't found any reviews of drive chains and sprockets. What is everyone using for a replacement drive chain and sprocket set on the F800gs? Any input is appreciated? :wave

Spent some time looking but haven't found any reviews of drive chains and sprockets. What is everyone using for a replacement drive chain and sprocket set on the F800gs? Any input is appreciated? :wave

I just finished changing out my 700GS with an EK 525 SRX2 chain and JTF sprockets. The EK chain came with a new type of master link that doesn't need riveting and doesn't use a clip. Check out my recent posts on this F Twins thread for a look at the master link. I checked JTF and they have sprockets for the 800 and I'm sure that EK has a chain to fit, although you probably will have to cut it to size......

I use D.I.D. chains. They have an excellent reputation and I've gotten good wear and no failures. I buy mine from the Sprocket Center (http://sprocketcenter.com). They will often have a package of chain and sprockets to fit your bike. They do use a rivet master link, so you will need a chain tool. I've never had a riveted master link fail.

I agree with akbeemer. Use the sprocketcenter. Many choices of chains, sprocket sizes, sprocket vendors and best of all, their prices when purchased as a package are very good. Use it to upgrade your chain from the OEM version or change sprocket teeth number.

Cycle Gear carries RK WX-ring chains, which are about as good as they get. Cheapest price I've seen around the net. I haven't priced a F8 chain since I bought mine last year, but in pricing for my son's Triumph Speed 3 they were at least $30 to $70 less than anyone else. And that includes any version of pricing (chain, chain and sprockets kit) from Sprocket Center.

Back