• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

question about underside 'cover' for license plate wiring/bulb, '15 700gs

blackstorm

i came home from a ride yesterday and noticed that the bulb and wiring for license plate were hanging out. figured out that the bulb just pops back into the spot over the plate. now here's my question: is there supposed to be a plastic piece that covers up that hole underneath where the wiring and bulb is, and fell through? if someone has time to post a pic of there's would be great.
i sent a pic to the dealer thinking that just a plastic piece popped off and fell out. i looked at the owners manual for taillight bulb replacement and it's unclear from the pictures there if the piece is there or not. i'm assuming the design has a cover there to keep mud and gunk out but not sure now. hopefully this is clear....:scratch

I've got a '14, but I would guess they're the same. Does not look anything like Pauls1150's picture.

There is what appears to be a spacer between the light and the fender. The light has a lense on the bottom, but there is no cover under the "spacer". The wires are exposed as they run through the spacer. Not a very clean design. Does not appear that there is any provision for a cover.:dunno

http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/DiagramsMid/B0004865.png?v=04282014

Part#2 has no cover underneath it.

:dance:dance:dance

thanks guys. yeah, i got some feedback on advrider, too, and there isn't a 'cover'.

thanks again for your help.

Back