• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA Roadside assistance. Anyone use it?

lacofdfireman

New MOA member here but I just signed up for a Platinum Membership which says it includes a roadside assistance program. I do own a BMW RT but I also own a Yamaha Super Tenere. Does anyone know if the Roadside assistance will cover both bikes or only the BMW? And if you have used this roadside assistance service how was your experience? Thanks..

I used it once on the road after a failed FPC issue. One phone call - they answered the call, verified my location (in Canada) and had a truck dispatched to get my bike and self to the local shop on a busy Saturday afternoon. No complaints.

I've actually read those but my biggest question was does it only cover my BMW? Wondering if I have a problem on the Tenere if the MOA roadside assistance will also cover it? Or is it exclusive to BMW bikes?

I used it once on the road after a failed FPC issue. One phone call - they answered the call, verified my location (in Canada) and had a truck dispatched to get my bike and self to the local shop on a busy Saturday afternoon. No complaints.

Perfect. That's all I need to know.

You won't need it for your RT. It never breaks down.:). I've never had to use mine I've been a platinum member for coming up on seven years. 100,000 miles on the bike Ursula, and she's never left me stranded.

Chuck I have a challenge for you on this topic, it just came to mind. Rhonda and I are both members, I am the platinum member, she is the associate member on my membership. Both our bikes are BMW's and I own both of them. If Rhonda was riding and the bike broke down, would she be covered, as the platinum designation is on my membership?

I figured you could use a challenge. :deal

You won't need it for your RT. It never breaks down.:). I've never had to use mine I've been a platinum member for coming up on seven years. 100,000 miles on the bike Ursula, and she's never left me stranded.

Chuck I have a challenge for you on this topic, it just came to mind. Rhonda and I are both members, I am the platinum member, she is the associate member on my membership. Both our bikes are BMW's and I own both of them. If Rhonda was riding and the bike broke down, would she be covered, as the platinum designation is on my membership?

I can't find my paperwork right now. I put it somewhere where I wouldn't lose it :)
From what I remember, all bikes in your household are covered. Towing limit is 100 miles or $250.

Found this info online.

Platinum Roadside Assistance & Tire Hazard
$79/year US, $91Canada, includes MOA membership

It is the best of both worlds - MOA membership and our best selling Roadside Assistance plan, which now includes tire replacement coverage. One call to a toll free call center dispatches a motorcycle certified carrier to your location 24/7 in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.

The plan covers the first 100 miles of your tow bill, up to $250. Platinum Roadside coverage also offers free battery service, flat tire service and fluid service as well as trip interruption service and trip planning. For the first time ever, BMW MOA members are covered for two tire replacements per year for roadside hazards and damage. All for $79 per year including your MOA membership fee.
JOIN NOW AS A PLATINUM MEMBER

Roadside Assistance ONLY
$29 US, Canada

Not a "joiner?" That's cool. You need Roadside Protection more than anyone. Our Basic Roadside Assistance is designed just for motorcyclists and covers up to three motorcycles, regardless of brand.

You are covered 24/7 with 100 miles of free towing, free battery service, free flat service and free fluid service. You even have trip interruption coverage if you are delayed due to an accident or damage.

Yes, both your bikes are covered under your Platinum membership.

I am a new rider, new GS owner, and I have signed up for the Platinum coverage. Anyone know how long before the membership packet arrives?:

So I poked around the main page and could find the answer.
I reup my membership in five year blocks and am in the middle. Can I move to platinum and what would the cost be per year?

Found this info online.

Platinum Roadside Assistance & Tire Hazard
$79/year US, $91Canada, includes MOA membership

It is the best of both worlds - MOA membership and our best selling Roadside Assistance plan, which now includes tire replacement coverage. One call to a toll free call center dispatches a motorcycle certified carrier to your location 24/7 in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.

The plan covers the first 100 miles of your tow bill, up to $250. Platinum Roadside coverage also offers free battery service, flat tire service and fluid service as well as trip interruption service and trip planning. For the first time ever, BMW MOA members are covered for two tire replacements per year for roadside hazards and damage. All for $79 per year including your MOA membership fee.
JOIN NOW AS A PLATINUM MEMBER

Roadside Assistance ONLY
$29 US, Canada

Not a "joiner?" That's cool. You need Roadside Protection more than anyone. Our Basic Roadside Assistance is designed just for motorcyclists and covers up to three motorcycles, regardless of brand.

You are covered 24/7 with 100 miles of free towing, free battery service, free flat service and free fluid service. You even have trip interruption coverage if you are delayed due to an accident or damage.

Not wishing to be a curmudgeon, but given the size of the the US and Canada and the empty spaces between BMW dealers, 100 miles does not seem be much help if a breakdown should occur.

As well, a tow bill of up to $250 will not necessarily get one very far. Last year, I had need to use my CAA coverage in Maine which dispatched an AAA truck to take me approximately 10-15 miles to the border. The AAA portion of the bill was $200. From there a CAA truck took the bike a 2+ hour drive into Canada.

From what I have read on this Forum, the Allstate RV towing package seems to be the best bang for your buck. Please inform me why I am mistaken.

Paul,
I agree with you. The 100 mile limitation seems a bit stringent. I would like the feature to be doubled which would give us a better opportunity to get the bike to a BMW authorized dealer. As we (the MOA) try to develope a better relationship with the dealers, I think that clause in the platinum coverage could be word smoothed a bit. I suggest: "no more than 200 miles or the closest authorized BMW certified maintenance facility, which ever is closer."

Now, if the MOA powers that be would get together with Allstate then we might have something more inviting.

Now, if the MOA powers that be would get together with Allstate then we might have something more inviting.

Exactly! Where we live 100 miles in SW Texas is FAR from adequate tow coverage. Not to mention where we love to ride!

Voni

Paul,
I agree with you. The 100 mile limitation seems a bit stringent. I would like the feature to be doubled which would give us a better opportunity to get the bike to a BMW authorized dealer.

I'm guessing the $250 limit cuts the miles to less than 100. Anyone know the average charge per mile for a flatbed?

I am a new rider, new GS owner, and I have signed up for the Platinum coverage. Anyone know how long before the membership packet arrives?:

I am a new owner/member and I joined the bmw moa at the beginning of March.

I still don't have my membership packet and roadside assistance info and its April 3...

I am a new owner/member and I joined the bmw moa at the beginning of March.

I still don't have my membership packet and roadside assistance info and its April 3...

The cards go out once a month. If it does not show up in the next week or so, it should arrive in May.

Back