• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Toyota Prius: Major threat?

I still have this insane desire to get a bunch of Priuses, have one with ROAD CAPTAIN emblazoned on the doors pull out and block a group HD ride, then proceed down the road in standard formation 10mph slower than the pirates want to go.

But I'm with you. My Prius gets up and scoots right along. Even at 80mph I still get mid-40s.

10MPH under a Pirate ride puts you in Battery-only mode..............
For the ultimate Prius mileage, Have a Harley hook up to ten Priuses and tow them to their destination.
Seems only fair to extoll all the virtues of vehicles involved. :burnout

OM

For the ultimate Prius mileage, Have a Harley hook up to ten Priuses and tow them to their destination.
Seems only fair to extoll all the virtues of vehicles involved. :burnout

OM
Yeah, but........ All the Prius occupants will be deaf

Coexistence at our house last night.:thumb
My Prius owning Sis in Law was driving the FJ ... and had no hate...imagine that:dunno

View attachment 49099
Don't break a hip falling off the soapbox in NY

Soapbox?

Here's what Prius hate looks like:

That's a $900 boot-print dent in a two-week old Prius.

Tell me again that Prius hate is imaginary...

Harry

Seriously Harry...posted that way back in March:dunno

And any chance it was just for any other reason than Anti- Prius? Just sayin'...or did they leave a Prius go home banner nearby? I have had dents left by an ex , I know cause she left a sweet note.

Most responses here have been light hearted , sorry you feel otherwise and got the snot kicked out of your little car

Seriously Harry...posted that way back in March:dunno

And any chance it was just for any other reason than Anti- Prius? Just sayin'...or did they leave a Prius go home banner nearby? I have had dents left by an ex , I know cause she left a sweet note.

Most responses here have been light hearted , sorry you feel otherwise and got the snot kicked out of your little car

We had someone hit ours with a hammer. Progressive paid 100%, but told us the Prius was the most vandalized car sold in the US.

Back to lightheartedness.... saw this yesterday for Audi's model...sorry if the Prius in the commercial is being made fun of...seriously:love

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YOy3zjdYweI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Love that the Prius owner was putting bumper stickers on his car. Smart that they left what is printed on the stickers to the viewers' imagination.

Back to lightheartedness.... saw this yesterday for Audi's model...sorry if the Prius in the commercial is being made fun of...seriously:love

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YOy3zjdYweI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not to be a defensive Prius driver, but VW/Audi upper management seems to be headed to the chopping block in the Fatherland. Even Chancellor Merkel is calling for heads to roll.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...15-after-admitting-u-s-diesel-emissions-cheat

Of note- the driver of that Audi, a rather swanky looking electric roller-skate, looks happy :)
The Prius drivers always look kinda pi$$ed off :dunno
Maybe it's the name.
OM

Of note- the driver of that Audi, a rather swanky looking electric roller-skate, looks happy :)
Maybe it's the name.
OM

I rarely read the comments below the videos, but one was from someone who must be a lane hogger. It's a commercial aimed at a certain demographic...was on a channel with racing, not LMN nor Lifetime. Geez

Maybe having my new car vandalized had something to do with my attitude being less than happy. The dent explains my attitude, what explains yours? Why are you so obsessed over keeping this thread going? Maybe if someone knocked over your favorite bike you would have an attitude about that?

I still don't get the animosity directed at a car whose only fault is that it is far more efficient than other cars, especially an FJ that costs much more and simply wastes gas.

My trip on Saturday in my Prius returned 54 mpg. The car is an '07 and still running fine obviously, with the original hybrid battery pack.

Harry

We had someone hit ours with a hammer. Progressive paid 100%, but told us the Prius was the most vandalized car sold in the US.

Thanks, Pete. That says it all...for those with an open mind.

I have a $500 deductible for collision. Progressive charged me a $100 deductible for vandalism. So the incident cost me $100, I was without the car for a week, and of course I had to worry about a repeat performance by an unknown ignorant redneck, of which there are apparently no shortage, even in Vermont...

Harry

Maybe it's the name.
OM

You're wrong. Prius drivers are very happy. What's not to like about 50+ mpg? I smile all the time, driving by gas stations and watching people who are arithmetic-challenged filling up their gas-guzzlers.

It's amazing how people imagine all sorts of things, with no basis in fact.

Harry

You're wrong. Prius drivers are very happy. What's not to like about 50+ mpg? I smile all the time, driving by gas stations and watching people who are arithmetic-challenged filling up their gas-guzzlers.

It's amazing how people imagine all sorts of things, with no basis in fact.

Harry

To be honest, in the past I never gave the Prius or the people who drive them a second thought, but you have certainly changed that.

One of the primary benefits of having a sense of humor is to help one through trying times. Try it some time.

Last edited:
One of the primary benefits of having a sense of humor is to help one through trying times. Try it some time.

You first. I've found most of your posts to be on the grumpy, antagonistic side, as I'm sure others have noticed.

Let's try lighting a candle, and reducing ignorance...maybe it will help:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3XxB6ma7qu8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Harry

You first. I've found most of your posts to be on the grumpy, antagonistic side, as I'm sure others have noticed.

Let's try lighting a candle, and reducing ignorance...maybe it will help:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3XxB6ma7qu8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Harry

It's working... I find this hilarious.

Back