• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Greetings from sunny (and warm) South Florida

hsydesign

Greetings everyone. I have been riding for many moons and finally purchased my first BMW a few weeks ago. I don't have it, yet as it is still in a shipping container making its way across the pond. Needless to say I've been sitting on pins and needles waiting for the arrival at the dealership. If all goes well, I will be the proud daddy of a 2015 R 1200 GSA in olive green matte.:brad

I have been riding mcs parts of my adult life and currently have a 2007 Triumph Bonneville America, 1972 CB350T, 1972 CB450T and a 1960 NSU Prima in my stable. Except for the Triumph, though they are all project bikes. I like the tinkering part and I am really good at making a bigger mess of things.

Having grown up in Germany, I was never really a big fan of the BMW motorcycles. It was mostly a styling issue, except for the GSs and classics. However, having ridden one around Tuscany, Sardinia and Corsica for two weeks with my wife on the back, made an instant believer out of me and the wife. So much so, she actually dragged me to the dealership around the holidays and urged me to get a beemer. What a girl!

I am looking forward to many conversations here and happy miles out there.

Harry

Having grown up in Germany, I was never really a big fan of the BMW motorcycles.
Wash your mouth out with soap. :german Okay. Just kidding. Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new bike.

By the way, I lived in Germany for four years. I love everything German. Cars, motorcycles, food, bier . . . :german

By the way, I lived in Germany for four years. I love everything German. Cars, motorcycles, food, bier . . . :german

I was there for four years also while in high school. Dad was an Army man. Loved it and all of Europe back then 1968 - 72. Can't wait to go back with the wife. We have been down your way 3 times already on our recently acquired 07RT. Welcome to the club. I am sure you will love your bike and what a woman you have!

Wash your mouth out with soap.

Haha, I knew I was gonna get a spanking when I wrote it, but luckily the lederhosen absorbed most of the beating. Thanks for your enthusiasm for every german engineered. It truly is good stuff.

The wife and I go back to visit relatives on the Bodensee almost every year. We really love it. Next time we go we may just have to rent a bike and ride the Alps for a few days. I may have to get on to another thread to find good places to stay and ride. I only drove a few Austrian and Tyrolian passes so far.

Welcome Aboard!

Welcome to the club and the forum! I like your choice of the matte green GSA - post a pic of it here once you have it home and safe.

Thanks for being a member!

Haha, I knew I was gonna get a spanking when I wrote it, but luckily the lederhosen absorbed most of the beating. Thanks for your enthusiasm for every german engineered. It truly is good stuff.

The wife and I go back to visit relatives on the Bodensee almost every year. We really love it. Next time we go we may just have to rent a bike and ride the Alps for a few days. I may have to get on to another thread to find good places to stay and ride. I only drove a few Austrian and Tyrolian passes so far.

If you are visiting the Bodensee you are right in the middle of some great rides! I'm envious. The two passes that immediately come to my mind are Stelvio Pass (Italian: Passo dello Stelvio; German: Stilfser Joch) and the Gro?glockner High Alpine Road.

Florida might be warm today but by July it will be sweltering. :stick

Brought her home

Alright, I was downplaying my excitement a bit. Waiting for the new bike for almost 3 months was sheer agony, I must tell you. It was a little anticlimactic, but now that quickly changed.
Happy as can be!:dance:dance:dance

Attachments

• IMAG0016.jpg
    IMAG0016.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 67
Alright, I was downplaying my excitement a bit. Waiting for the new bike for almost 3 months was sheer agony, I must tell you. It was a little anticlimactic, but now that quickly changed.
Happy as can be!:dance:dance:dance

Great pic! WELCOME and thanks for being a member!

Back