• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Greetings from Jackson MS & Los Angeles, CA

bkelleyjr

Greetings everyone. Have been riding for 25 years and have had 3 BMWs over my 43 years, but just getting around to joining the MOA and so far I love it. Currently I'm working in Jackson, MS as a writer, but live part time in my native home of Los Angeles, CA...so I go back and forth a lot. Currently have an R1150R in CA, and an R1100S in MS...both superb bikes! Don't know Mississippi very well, just arrived 6 months ago, but did manage to drive the Natchez Trace down to Natchez and take the 51 down to NOLA and really enjoyed scenery and the small towns...so different from SoCal, to say the least. Would love some suggestions and if anyone is around these parts, would be thrilled to meet up for a ride!

Cheers!

-BK

IMG_0774.jpg IMG_1599.jpg

Pics from the Buckhorn Campgrounds along Angeles Crest Hwy and the Barnett Reservoir along the Trace near Jackson.

Hey welcome to the forum! I bet the weather is nice in either place, five below here tomorrow!

Last edited:
Welcome Aboard!

BK,

Great looking bikes you have there, plus some nice areas to ride them. I'm a ways from you but if you ever find yourself in Eastern Oklahoma look me up.

Thanks for being a member!

Welcome BK from Steens, MS about 150 miles north of you! You certainly have a beautiful bike, and I hope you enjoy MS as it is a very nice place, with many good people. You will find the riding here is great, and there are lots of interesting places, especially if you ride the rural areas. Paul & I are pretty familiar with the state, as I was born here, and Paul has lived here since he was very young. Before we retired, we had an office in Flowood, which is a suburb of Jackson. We will be glad to offer any suggestions on where to ride, as we have ridden just about every square inch many times! Best regards...Gail :wave

Thank you okiegman and shortythorne!
Gail, I do already enjoy MS and you're right the people here are really nice and helpful.
I only wish there was a mechanic anywhere in Jackson, or Mississippi for that matter, who will do maintenance on my bike!
Had to go to NOLA for basic service, which is not the worst place in the world.
I'm already planning my next ride to the Barber museum and back to NOLA via the back roads...

Cheers!

Back