• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ride report

sheridesabeemer

I Used to Be Someone
I just wanted to report that the F650 GS will do 160 kph on the autobahn...right before it does a death wobble! I loved the bike in the switch backs but was obviously envious of the big bikes on the afternoon that we hit the highway home...and when we were in the pouring rain...or when I kept red lining it. It was a good date, but I wouldn't marry it.

two hard cases, plus top box. Loaded properly? What does properly loaded mean? The general consensus as to the cause of the wobble was the luggage. Scared the daylights out of me. No windshield on the bike...100 is not easy on the noggin. Especially when you're used to a bike that ends in a T (LT, GT). :eek

As for liking red line? It chokes and gasps at red line...some sort of rev limit thing. The bike only had 1,200 km on it. So everything was new(ish).

I have put about 300 miles on a Dakar 650 twin spark and it was great even with my big butt on it. No luggage though, I went about 90 mph and it handled great except for the usual wind at that speed when your torso sticks above the alleged windshield. It was more fun than a barrow load of monkeys though, I asked the dealer to look for a rough one for me for the winter. I love mud riding and the big GS is a handfull at times and the Dakar will excel at that.

I also agree with the deficit comparing it to an LT or GT...hehehe...attach velcro to the side cases of the 650 and stick it to the LT as a lifeboat...hehehe. :bikes

Back