• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

OH driving tips and radar

SCQTT said:
These guys are very serious. Think Marine Coprs Drill Sargent. They typically have no personality, sense of humor, or compassion for us lawbreakers.

If you get pulled over, expect a machine to walk up to your bike

Same in Louisiana. It may appear mechanical or impersonal but it keeps complaints against Troopers down. Some people who are pulled over and given a ticket try to turn the table around and accuse the officer of being discourteous, rude, or whatever they can think of. Usually the offending driver is the one who is rude, not the officer. If the Trooper does the traffic stop by the numbers without anyother comment, he/she will never get in trouble.

8 or so over and your safe,10 up and I'd be nervous,although I run 80- 85 across I 80 and have had no trouble,just watch ahead and run in the right lane as much as possible.

In Ohio, is there a restriction on use of radar evidence within a certain excess over the posted limit?

Fred :bolt

My speedo has always been very optimistic showing about 15 mph more than I'm going at 55 mph. No radar detector either. The biggest poblem is when no other cars are around to provide a point of refernce or cover.

lorazepam said:
73 is a good motorcycle road. The condition is better as you go north, and if you get the chance, stop off and see Serpent Mound, the largest earthen effigy in north america. I have been on st rt 73 many times. It actually goes all the way to I75 south of dayton. The bottom is the best for twisties, and it becomes more sweepers as you get to hillsboro.

I'll second Gale's thoughts on 73!

Where were you planing to jump on I-75? Before you take 72 through Springfield, consider jogging over to US 68 as a bypass, then OH 41 to I-75. I'd avoid I-70 near Dayton and the jct with I-75.

Or stay on 68 up to Bellefontaine and pick up Us 33 to OH 117.

Or take OH 41 from OH 73 at Locust Grove. From there to Bainbridge is really nice. Then you can skirt east of Springfield on OH 54.

Just depends on how much time you want/have to spend.

Bob

Gale & Bob - thanks for your input re: 73. I'm heading out in the morning, should be in southern OH sometime in the afternoon.

See y'all in Beemerville :wave Steve

Back