• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

So I bought my first airhead...

N

nickchandler

...and I have drank the kool-aid :)

After scouring California (and beyond!) for a few months, I finally came across a particularly tidy '76 R75/6 right here in San Francisco ÔÇö at the kind of price one can't really say no to...

She's got a touch over 35k miles on her, a big stack of receipts in the past 12 months, and ÔÇö short of a couple of tiny things ÔÇö is mechanically and cosmetically neat as a pin. Actually, you can add another 150 odd miles to that number now ;)

There's a trickle out the back of the oil pan, and I've already managed to get one of the Bings to play up (left hand side, sounds like it's running lean) but I'm hoping to get her in front of Dave at Recommended Service this week for a birthday and to get things ship-shape for the summer.

Already managed to meet two airhead owners in as many days! She's a keeper :)

Attachments

• 335916_10151050480700821_1053491269_o.jpg
    335916_10151050480700821_1053491269_o.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 65
Fine looking ride. I took the plunge earlier this year and have no regrets. These are great bikes. There is something special riding down the road with an Airhead...just feels great. Enjoy her.

Sweet! Welcome to the forum. Check out the Airhead forum here and check in with everyone. Any questions, maybe someone will have an answer...maybe not!!

Wow!

Good on you, and the start of a beautiful long-term relationship. The world is generally divided into them what "gets" the Airhead thing, and them what don't. . .and you've landed on the right side of that divide.

Too bad you don't have any good roads to ride around there. No good views, no interesting people with whom to interact. So sad. You'll struggle through, somehow, I'm sure.

Walking Eagle

California Dreamin'

Back