• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member from Ottawa, Ontario

F

Fat Bear

I'm living in the "burbs" of Ottawa, Ontario. I have been riding Japanese bikes for a few years and bought a GSA 1200 last summer. I must admit that it's by far the best bike I've owned. I'm now a BMW convert and like so many others, I'm not going back. Hope to see some of you guys on the roads all over North America.

Hey Steve, welcome to the forum. Bunches of knowledge here with lots of folks to help with questions you may have about your GSA. I ride a 2010 GS after a little over nine years and over 100,000 miles on a K1200RS. Very different bikes, but I'm really liking the GS..!

Say, what are you doing around July 19-21 this summer? If you have the time, jump on that big GSA and ride to Sedalia, Missouri for the 40th BMW MOA Rally. It's a great reason (good excuse?) to take a big trip and hang out with a whole lot of people that enjoy the same thing you do... looking at motorcycles, talking about motorcycles, learning about motorcycles, and being able to "touch & feel" just about every accessory and piece of apparel that many BMW riders find value in.

Thanks for introducing yourself, enjoy that GSA, and look forward to miles of smiles.

I'm living in the "burbs" of Ottawa, Ontario. I have been riding Japanese bikes for a few years and bought a GSA 1200 last summer. I must admit that it's by far the best bike I've owned. I'm now a BMW convert and like so many others, I'm not going back. Hope to see some of you guys on the roads all over North America.

Welcome. I love Ottawa. Hope to see you on the roads of Canada soon.

Welcome Steve

...from Mississauga. Hope to see you on the road some time, or at a rally. Enjoy our nice Spring weather...

Hey Steve, welcome to the forum. Bunches of knowledge here with lots of folks to help with questions you may have about your GSA. I ride a 2010 GS after a little over nine years and over 100,000 miles on a K1200RS. Very different bikes, but I'm really liking the GS..!

Say, what are you doing around July 19-21 this summer? If you have the time, jump on that big GSA and ride to Sedalia, Missouri for the 40th BMW MOA Rally. It's a great reason (good excuse?) to take a big trip and hang out with a whole lot of people that enjoy the same thing you do... looking at motorcycles, talking about motorcycles, learning about motorcycles, and being able to "touch & feel" just about every accessory and piece of apparel that many BMW riders find value in.

Thanks for introducing yourself, enjoy that GSA, and look forward to miles of smiles.

It took me awhile to make the decision about whether to get a K1200 or the GSA. It's good to hear that you're enjoying the GS so much.

I haven't decided on exactly where my trip of the summer will be yet. I'm considering Colorado / New Mexico and if I head that way, then I'll drop in to Sedalia.

Happy Trails,

...from Mississauga. Hope to see you on the road some time, or at a rally. Enjoy our nice Spring weather...

Thinking of Port Dover next weekend - it's the only major rally in the northeast that I haven't been to yet. Maybe I'll see you there.

Thinking of Port Dover next weekend - it's the only major rally in the northeast that I haven't been to yet. Maybe I'll see you there.

Maybe. Plan to arrive in town by 9am, or you may find yourself parking a long way from the main street. Last 9am arrival, i had to park blocks away. Was done by noon, left going west with a friend. Passed bikes at a standstill, 3 abreast, for about a mile west of town...

If you go, avoid Hwy 6. Come south on the west side of town, as the ride is so much better going through the farmlands.

Consider the MOA rally in Trenton ON, i am going to try to make that.

Maybe. Plan to arrive in town by 9am, or you may find yourself parking a long way from the main street. Last 9am arrival, i had to park blocks away. Was done by noon, left going west with a friend. Passed bikes at a standstill, 3 abreast, for about a mile west of town...

If you go, avoid Hwy 6. Come south on the west side of town, as the ride is so much better going through the farmlands.

Consider the MOA rally in Trenton ON, i am going to try to make that.

Thank you for the advice - if I go, then I'll plan to take the same route / timings. May see you in Trenton,

Happy Trails,

Back