• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Battery Question '09 R1200RT

DENKAR55

Does anyone know if I disconnect the battery on my 2009 R1200RT to put a new one in my bike, does my board computer on my bike lose any info at all? How about my alarm system?

Any info would be appreciated.

Dennis

2009 R1200RT

Does anyone know if I disconnect the battery on my 2009 R1200RT to put a new one in my bike, does my board computer on my bike lose any info at all? How about my alarm system?

Any info would be appreciated.

Dennis

2009 R1200RT
I disconnected the battery on my '09 R12RT several times with no data loss or other weird behavior. Just make sure the alarm is off before doing it.

You shouldn't loose anything important, but I thought they lost things like MPG, average speed, etc. Don't know about the alarm.

Be sure to reset the TPS after replacing the battery. Turn on ign. without starting bike. Turn throttle wide open and let it close a couple of times. Shut off ign. and you're good to go.

Back