• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rally Roll Call

Garth said:
Lucy Lu and myself will be there, now If I can just figure out a way to get there from South East PA without using the turnpike. :dunno

Are you kidding me? There are great roads that cross PA. Rt. 30 west of Chambersburg is great. You can run Rt. 23 across a good bit. Run a bit north and take 22 the whole way. Also, who says you've got to stay in PA. Run 40 across Maryland and then hook it up through Washington, PA.

Let's see Lima, Ohio...middle of July...great music, lots of friends. Yep, I'll be there, coming in from Colorado's Top O' The ROckies Rally in Paonia. If you can, stop by on the way to Lima. Our lead entertainment is Chris Daniels and the Kings. Not George Thoroughgood but outstanding for a local rally.

If you want to help in Lima, volunteer with Bob, and say Door Prizes. Jackie and Chris Hughes and I could use your help.

Deb

KBasa said:
In PA, the higher the number on the road, the better it'll be.
Only if you have the ride, and not the destination in mind. From SE PA, 322 is a good way west. My guess is he isn't planning on taking 3 days to get from SE PA to Lima. Rt. 30 From Chambersburg to Greensburg is a great ride. Actually, it's a great ride all the way from Chester County if you don't mind some slowdowns at Lancaster and York. It takes you through some great scenery, and never takes you far from gas and food.

X

Most definitely will be there.....Coming from western Wisconsin for my first National Rally. :D

manic mechanic said:
Hey, Bullitt, my new job won't be taking up all my time. Maybe we can get some of these Forum Folks to do another shift this year. I'm game.

Hey there, MM, I'm in if you organize...

Lima Rally

X​

God willin' and the creeks don't rise, I'll be leavin' Lubbock, Texas Sunday afternoon(7/18) for OHIO..........First MOA int. rally - 28 years of beemer riding - 40 some odd years of looking this way :D .
See yall there (camping 4 sure).
:wave

75th Anniversary Model RT - Graphite

Beemerville

It's 106 miles to Beemerville,
I've got a half tank of gas, and a big fat stogie.
It may be light and I'll be wearing sunglasses. :brow

Who knows where I will stay, I have 3 1/2 months to figure that out. :D

X

I'll be there with my 10 y/o son, Jean-Luc. Camping, and organizing a ride for kids and parents. See other thread on the Kids Ride.

Rev.Willie said:
Oh Boy, Rally Virgins!!!!!! :heh

Should we teach them the handshake or tell them to bring peanut butter?

Just so you guys know, the first round is on the new guy. Second round is on the last one in. So don't be late.... :stick

I plan to be there ...

I plan on taking a 10 days , riding my K75 out on secondary roads from NY via PA / WV / TN / KY , then home via Canada (if all goes as planned ie : no outrageous bad rain or heat ) . Will be doing a mix of hotels and camping ( Hoteling in Lima) . Gee , this already seems like a different kind of rally . Peanut butter ? ;-) Ok , will toss some peanut butter ( extra crunchy ) into the saddle bags ... Looking forward to putting faces with these posts . ( or maybe not ;-) ...... Regards , Todd

Rally Roll Call -- who's bringing kids?

The Koenemans will be there, Nancy, Scott and the mighty Quinn [age 11 going on 25]. We'll probably be hanging with the Chain Gang again --- anyone else bringing kids?

NancyK said:
The Koenemans will be there, Nancy, Scott and the mighty Quinn [age 11 going on 25]. We'll probably be hanging with the Chain Gang again --- anyone else bringing kids?

I'm bringing my son, Jean-Luc, age 10 going on 11 in August.

Several friends are bringing kids too: Larry Sabo and son, Tony Adamowicz and son, and Leon Begeman and daughter. All in this group are about 10-12 y/o.

In fact, the four (eight) of us are doing a ride with the kids on Saturday, down to Piqua to ride in a mule-drawn canal boat, then over to Freshwater Farms to pet tame sturgeon, then to Zane Caverns to tour the caverns and the Native American exhibits there.

Three of the four couples did a ride last year, where we toured 5 Ohio caverns over a weekend. Liked it so much we decided to do it again this year.

Back