• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

new member in Sturgis, SD

T

thechimasta

I recieved my '75 r60/6 about five years ago, and have been riding ever since. It's been a bit of a project, since it's getting a bit old and has never needed much maintenance in the past. It's been a great machine to learn with though, since the mechanics are reletively simple and straight forward. I look forward to restoring and customizing it, as well as putting lots of miles on it. (preferably miles with lots of twists and turns :)

Welcome to the forum. Never been to Sturgis...hope to make it some day. My grandfather did some geography research back in the 1930s in and around the Belle Fouche dam and Newell.

You've already found the Airheads tech forum so you're off and running. So what do you do during the August Harley invasion? Is that when you're off touring the country? ;)

nah, we have friends that come down for the rally. I'm usually working for part of it. I definitely don't ride much during the event. It's a crowded and no fun, unless you get a nice early run. (the people that are here to party don't usually get up early. ;) The funny thing about the "Harley invasion" is that the original Jackpine Gypsies rode Indian motorcycles. Honestly, I have seen a few Harleys I would ride, but for my money, I'd take a older BMW or a Triumph any day.

Welcome to the forum! Your location brings back memories..was stationed at Ellsworth AFB and did a bi-weekly trip out to the missile sites as I was one of the Missile Combat crews assigned to F 01 near Mud Butte. During the Rally my crew partner and I would get an eye full of the crazy antics that went on during that week:buds:brow

Have you gone out and taken in the Minuteman Missile Historical Site? I stop by when ever I'm on a trip west. As a former missileer they give preference to thoes that served on that weapon system.

http://www.nps.gov/mimi/index.htm

Back