• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Clearwater Krista install on R1200R

Check out my review here:

...and two wires that do essentially the same thing. One goes to the horn hot lead, and the other to the high-beam hot lead. These cause the LED's to come to full brightness if you blow the horn or use the high beam, and may or may not be used, depending on the preference of the owner. I chose not to use them at this time and simply put some heat-shrink tubing on the leads and tucked them out of harms way.

Nice review on the Krista's. I was considering them but went with the smaller Glenda's which were specific for the GS. Either way Clearwater does a nice job with their lights, wiring for Canbus, and hardware. One feature I really like, which you did not use, is the "full on" which is triggered by the high beam. For those not familiar with this feature it works like this;
These lights are so bright I dim them to 1/2 during daylight (and they are *still* bright) and only 1/4 at night as to not blind oncoming traffic. Having the "full on with high beam" means just that. They instantly increase to 100% brightness with the high beam. So on an empty road at night they are blazing away, when I switch to low beam for an oncoming car they automatically revert to my dimmer setting of 1/4.

Back