• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Famed CA.HWY 1 Closed:(...

There is always damage and repairs being done the Hwy 1 - it's the norm.

Hwy 1 North all the way up to Leggett is just SPECTACULAR. I ride it a couple times a year.. My favorite way to spend a weekend...

Nice picture... I hope all is well up there in July. Plan on riding Hwy 1 up to The GP races.

I rode DOWN Hwy 1 to the closure Saturday. They said they were allowing you to pass through at 7AM & 4PM. The Cal Trans guy said something about being able to walk through & if you wanted to push your bike you could, but he was being honked at from behind & had to speed off...

Once more into the Breach

Hwy 1 is AGAIN shut down; as of last Thursday (4-14-2011). This time at Alder Creek, which is about two miles south of Gorda (where gas is probably over $5 a gallon by now) and about seven miles north of Ragged Point.

Nacimiento-Furguson Road is still open to get to Big Sur, but CHP is advising against any unnecessary travel - especially at night. MPs on Hunter-Liggett are displaying a "questioning attitude" as well.

Hwy1 is still closed at the north end at Rocky Creek

If the amount of water that is still draining out of the hillside behind my house is any indication, almost four weeks after the heavy storms, it's going to be a long summer. That old road is just that.... an old road, and for the most part it's built on unstable material.

Highway 1 is now OPEN, top to bottom...

just in time for the summer season torrent of 30 mph motor homes and flatland gawkers... Wednesday rides are as good as it will get until October. :dance

Great:)

Yeah, I heard the news station say it was open again:). Hope ALL get to ride this byway some day, as one of America's best. Remember Spring/Fall are best bets for this road, with Summer months bringing much fog. Hot inlands means foggy coastline! Winter too can make exceptional riding this Hwy1, on many days:). Randy:thumb

Back