• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A Motorcycle? A Trike?A Car?

From the standpoint of a dyed-in-the-wool biker, it's not a "motorcycle."

From the standpoints of a state Department Of Licencing, it's likely to be defined in that state as a "three-wheeled motorcycle."

From the standpoint of the SAE, it would probably be defined as a "cycle car."

Some states have definitions that further describe trikes or cycle cars in terms of whether or not the driver is in an enclosure. For example, in WA if the driver of a cycle car is partially or fully enclosed, he or she can steer with a steering wheel, and not have to wear a helmet if a seat belt is fitted.

pmdave

Nice, but...

Sounds like a lovely design, however even between provincial jurisdicitions in Canada
thoughts as to what something is, or isn't varies.
The vehicle would no doubt have to pass all federal legilsation as
required by the Ministry of Transport, it would then have to receive similar clearance from
provincial bodies. Great idea however would have qualms if the vehicle produced are few in
number and/or the mechanical items are proprietory.

Well, I missed the obvious. Just looked at the pictures again, and realized the Campagna is a T-Rex. I thought it looked familiar.

pmdave

You were thinking perhaps of "criterion"?

Reminds me of the super-macho guy who wrote to a magazine with the intent of announcing to the world that he was just about the biggest dog in the motorcycle pack. "You'd need big camarones to hang with me!"

He was probably thinking of "cajones", a vulgar reference to round things the shape of eggs on the male anatomy. Camarones is Spanish for shrimp.

The editor noted that if you want to appear super-macho, you should probably be clever about your language.

pmdave

thanks

con?Àde?Àscen?Àsion (knd-snshn)
n.
1. The act of condescending or an instance of it.
2. Patronizingly superior behavior or attitude.

Back