• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

got to 55 deg on long island the other day. so...

f14rio

got a ride in..good thing. its 19 deg today. (how do you type a degree symbol, by the way?)
thx
5461841568_3cbef5e8a6_z.jpg

5461841616_f437c03e04_z.jpg

(how do you type a degree symbol, by the way?)

well... if you're using a PC with Windows software...

1) Click on the "Start" button >
2) Click on "All Programs" >
3) Click on "Accessories" >
4) Go to "System Tools" >
5) Click on "Character Map"
6) Click on the ( ?? ) then click on "Select" followed by "Copy" to put it on your "clipboard"

7) Finally, go back to your post (or wherever you want to insert it) and use control/V (control and V) to paste it in place.

Attachments

• how to char map.jpg
    how to char map.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 129
Character Map Cool huh! (pun intended)

There will be a quiz at the end of the period...

Attachments

• char map.JPG
    char map.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 131
re: Character Map Cool huh! (pun intended)

i like puns a lot.

as a matter of fact, i submitted ten entries to a local pun contest.

unfortunately, when asked how many entries won, i had to reply,

"no pun in ten did."

well... if you're using a PC with Windows software...

1) Click on the "Start" button >
2) Click on "All Programs" >
3) Click on "Accessories" >
4) Go to "System Tools" >
5) Click on "Character Map"
6) Click on the ( ?? ) then click on "Select" followed by "Copy" to put it on your "clipboard"

7) Finally, go back to your post (or wherever you want to insert it) and use control/V (control and V) to paste it in place.

you know, i turned off my PC about 9 months ago, and only turn it on if there is a file i forgot to transfer to my MAC.

degrees?? with just two clicks! :ha

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-02-21 at 6.00.56 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-02-21 at 6.00.56 AM.png
    50 KB · Views: 87
We got out on Sunday too. Went to Ready Riders in Dix Hills for free chili, and to enter a free raffle for a helmet. Then took a ride on 25A to Oyster Bay and back. A sunny, blue sky day. Temp didn't matter with Gerbing's and a heated seat. Felt like one those days I could ride forever. Surprisingly clean roads on the North Shore. I was worried about sand and pot holes, but it wasn't really that bad. Glad I got it out of my system, as all I see is snow flying out the window this morning. What else is new?!?!

you know, i turned off my PC about 9 months ago, and only turn it on if there is a file i forgot to transfer to my MAC.

Hey Ian,

Sorry to hear you went to the dark side. :stick

Good Luck. :D:D:D

tb

ALT(held down), then +, then type (still holding down the ALT key) in "2" "4" "8"and then "enter" ... release the ALT key and viola... ??

a freakin' 'mazing... are you one of those programmer types that remembers all of those combinations?

Why click at all????? On a Mac Opt-0 (zero, not oh) gives you ?? all day long. If you want a smaller symbol (˚) use opt-K -- think degrees Kelvin.

I thought that this was a motorcycle forum???

or just a bunch of motorcyclist with PMS....

Parked
Motorcycle
Syndrome

Pms?

How many women with PMS does it take to screw in a light bulb?

One.

ONE!! And do you know WHY it only takes ONE? Because no one else in this house knows HOW to change a light bulb. They don't even know the bulb is BURNED OUT. They would sit in this house in the dark for THREE DAYS before they figured it OUT.

And once they figured it out they wouldn't be able to find the light bulbs despite the fact that they've been in the SAME CUPBOARD for the past SEVENTEEN YEARS.

But if they did, by some miracle, find the light bulbs, TWO DAYS LATER the chair that they dragged from two rooms over to stand on to change the STUPID light bulb would STILL BE IN THE SAME SPOT!!!!! AND UNDERNEATH IT WOULD BE THE CRUMPLED WRAPPER THE STUPID LIGHT BULBS CAME IN. WHY??? BECAUSE NO ONE IN THIS HOUSE EVER CARRIES OUT THE GARBAGE!!!! IT'S A WONDER WE HAVEN'T ALL SUFFOCATED FROM THE PILES OF GARBAGE THAT ARE 12 FEET DEEP THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE. THE HOUSE!! THE HOUSE!!! IT WOULD TAKE AN ARMY TO CLEAN THIS...

Back